: Airbag Alarm Light

elvin315
01-05-10, 04:24 PM
This morning I started my 2001 Sport and the dash went through its routine. All the idiot lights went out except for the Airbag light. I'll check my manuals when I get home but in the mean time, does anyone know what it means and how to extinguish it?

Matera97
01-05-10, 05:56 PM
My light has been on since I bought my car. My light represents the passenger air bag (I think), and I'm pretty sure I read that it is an electrical issue, not so much a functional issue. Thats all I can remember.

Kodan
01-06-10, 12:40 PM
There could be a lose or bad contact on one of the airbags or the seatbelt tensioners or just a one time hick-up.
If the airbaglight is on the system is not working will not not deploy when you have a accident.

Only the dealer with an Tech 2 can identify where the problem is and reset the system.

The common errors of the spontaneous airbaglight are the connection of the seatbelt tensioners.

Peter

elvin315
01-08-10, 02:34 PM
In my case it's not a one time occurrence. The light is constantly on. I'll check the seatbelt connector if someone can tell me where it is. I looked for it but admittedly without a flashlight in my poorly lit garage. Is it under the seats? I have a 2001 with side airbags in the front seats. Could it be those too?

Kodan
01-08-10, 05:35 PM
The airbag lights stays on until it is reset with the Tech 2.
The dealer could tell you where the problem is.

If you removed any airbag connectors (door or seat) with the ignition on or turn the ignition on after you removed any airbag connectors the light will come on and stays on.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/ptrkp/Diversen/a2f610c2.jpg

The connector is where the "X" is.
Remove the plastic cover (arrow).

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/ptrkp/Diversen/53ea5e90.jpg

"A" is where the seatbelt and power and seat heating connectors are.
"B" is the side airbag connector, is connected on the side of the "A" conector.

Peter

49mill
08-10-14, 06:13 PM
Hi, I have managed to break the airbag connector for the seat airbag and Carn't work out which way round the wires go. I have a 2003 omega mv6 rhd,and it's the passenger side wiring that I have broken. Do you have any pictures of the wiring connectors so I can worn out which one goes where.
Would really appreciate it.
Thanks

marcospedraza
08-16-14, 11:03 PM
op-com reads and clear Airbag codes.I cleard 5 codes out of my 01,the trick was that I have to use 98 Omega B Airbag SAB6