Cadillac Owners Forum banner

where are you guys buying your maggie kits?

6K views 62 replies 22 participants last post by  rand49er 
#1 ·
with the whipple being sold at 6600 for a 3.3 l i would imagine the maggie sold for less considering its not as powerful. Except i cannot find it for less than 6?

#2 ·
Talk to Thomas at Hendrix. I'm sure he can get lower than 6K.

If I told you what I bought mine for (used) you would slit your wrists.

#4 ·
Because people have been paying their price for years, little competition, they did a good job for GM designing the kits, they're reliable, their product isn't known for kill stock engines and they have pretty good customer service.

Caveat emptor. You get what you pay for.

I've got the same used maggie price story (+2 years ago) and all the parts are actually here!

#5 ·
I got a good deal on a used maggie as well from a forum member on here. Even came with an 8 rib setup!

#6 ·
Is the $6600 confirmed? And is it a full bolt-on kit? That might not be a bad price depending on the $/HP ratio vs a Maggie.
As stated above, the Maggie is a proven reliable power adder. You'd be a pioneer with the whipple. But I'm dying to see what kind of HP it can push on a V.

BTW I thought Magnuson was selling them for $5500 now. See what Hendrix can do, and if you want, PM me for my guys number. He's an official Magnuson dealer.
Good luck

Tony

PS I say go for the whipple :stirpot: :lildevil:

#8 ·
Hendrix WILL get a new unit shipped to your door for you cheaper. 980-521-0722. You are probably looking at around $800-$1000 with a tune, but this is definitely a self install job if you have all the turbo and mechanical experience you were talking about in your other thread.

#9 ·
Jeff 8189984410. At least 8 hours for a shop to install.

Are you leaning towards the Maggie.

I still wanna know what the $6600 includes with the whipple.

#10 ·
I'm with Twitch...Do the Whiipple!!!!!!! Thomas is gonna have the best price. I think he had a thread awhile ago with a price around $4899, but don't hold that against me. You will be in the same boat as all us maggie guys...trying to spin it faster or push it more.

#11 · (Edited)
woah slow down there.. that sub 5000 price was for the whipple??? or maggie

thing is after i get my v I will have about 8k to spend on mods, 2500 already reserved for clutch, motor mounts, and axle(s). leaves me with 5500 so if i install it myself i have 500 for a tune and im set :devil:

edit: ok what about remanufactured magnachargers? where to buy? I hear they are around 4500

#12 ·
woah slow down there.. that sub 5000 price was for the whipple??? or maggie

thing is after i get my v I will have about 8k to spend on mods, 2500 already reserved for clutch, motor mounts, and axle(s). leaves me with 5500 so if i install it myself i have 500 for a tune and im set :devil:

edit: ok what about remanufactured magnachargers? where to buy? I hear they are around 4500
Thomas (Hendrix) is the one with the sub-$5k maggie price. If that's a new kit (I don't know, you'll have to ask Thomas), it'll include the Magnuson tune with it. Then, that gives you a base to work from tuning wise. A dyno tune will add a significant amount more HP to that from what I've heard and should just about leave you with empty pockets but a smile on your face.

IMHO, reman'd or new, they're both good ... go for the lower price.

#20 ·
I've said it before and I'll say it again. +1 to Thomas. The one time I needed him, he came through and saved my butt! I will not hesitate to do business again with him.

#25 ·
Thomas/Hendrix sure came through for me too...just wished it was for a Maggie!!

#27 ·
Thomas is great to deal with! Just got mine installed this week and dyno tuned today!!

Remo
What are the before/after numbers?

#29 ·
Before mods were K&N dropin, under drive pully and a tune it made 362Hp and 387tq. With theMaggie stock crank pully , 2.8 up top and zoomers cat back tuned it made 458HP and 427 tq on the same dyno. i have the sheets i will post if someone could tell me how.

Remo

#44 ·
How?
This is what I got:
You requested a price quotation for: Magna Charger Supercharger System with Intercooler for 2004-2005 Cadillac CTS-V (silver stardust finish) [more info]
Part Number: MAG-01-12-60-130-CTSV
SuperchargersOnline.com*: $5,499.00
List Price: $6294.75
You Save: $795.75

#39 ·
This thread isn't old! (Jedi mind trick hand sweep)

#53 ·
Cam,,,pssshhh You "payers" crack me up :thepan:

It might have been 4700 it was a year ago and when they told me the price I gave them my credit card number I will look for the receipt when I get home to make sure I know it was it the 4k's thigh
Maybe it was one of those rebuilt units that they forgot to rebuild :mad:

#55 ·
Magnusson has 'Authorized Dealers'/'Installers' that sell these and they are 'made to order' since, the demand and amount of V1s out there are scarce. By the time you get the big box to your door . . . . you'll be lookin' at $5500 to $6500. Having a shop install it .? . add another $1200 to $1700 depending on labor cost in your area. You can make a phone call to anyone listed on their web site as a 'Dealer/Installer' to get a price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.