: anyone have this intake

dvandentop
01-05-10, 01:33 AM
it is off the popular auction site, i have looked at their website and it looks legit. just wondering if anyone actually had one.

not a sponsor so i cant post a link

http://i.ebayimg.com/14/%21BcIl2+QB2k%7E$%28KGrHqMH-DsEqvByOk3fBKzL6b%29VvQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

cbloveday
01-05-10, 08:29 AM
I too would like to know if anyone has this intake.

While it looks good, the claimed numbers they suggest seem unobtainable from a CAI

Our New Era CAI for your 09 CTSV picked up 34hp/28ft lbs over stock untuned on our test car and picked up another 20hp/5 ft lbs after a tune. Includes K&N Filter, Instructions,CNC Billet MAF Flange for stock MAF sensor, 304 Stainless Steel piping and hardware. Unit is Powdercoated Black Chrome.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/newera.jpg

Gary Wells
01-05-10, 11:24 AM
I'm curious myself as from previous reading on this forum, I thought that as a general rule, a tune will pick up more RWHP & RWTQ than a cold air induction. Also, those appear to be base or crank #'s and not RW #'s.

neuronbob
01-05-10, 12:40 PM
New Era posted about this intake in this forum last year after the intake was released. I do not recall if anyone here has it, but they had pics and dyno sheet IIRC. Will look for thread after work.

Razorecko
01-05-10, 12:51 PM
I got this sucker in my garage. I dyno'd with it and hit like 20hp/20tq + in the mid range but than it dropped to stock level power at the end. Because of the drastic change in airflow you'll need some dyno time and a custom tune to make the most out of this intake.....Made the oem blower sound loud as hell though :thumbsup:....and the quality of the piece and the welds are the best i've ever seen.

dvandentop
01-05-10, 03:21 PM
nice glad it is as good as it looks. probably will have to pick this up. frank will be looking forward to you finding the old post to read more about it.

Me Wanna A V
01-05-10, 05:46 PM
Don't know why "New Era" didn't work when I tried to "search".

After searching "Intake", I found the thread several months back.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/170113-new-era-cts-v-cold-air.html

dvandentop
01-05-10, 09:14 PM
wonder if they would do a gp?

neuronbob
01-05-10, 09:50 PM
Thanks for finding that. Not going to be home for a while (see my tread about roadside service).

dvandentop
01-24-10, 07:36 PM
I went ahead and purchased this thing since i sold some junk on ebay over the weekend so i will check it out. If anything I was wanting to do the stock airbox mod but with this i will atleast not have to cut up the stock one if any issues arise.

Will post a full report once i get it in.

Dr.Buzz
01-24-10, 09:16 PM
Any air intake will need a heat shield with these engines. I picked up 20 rwhp by simply putting a piece of cardboard in while the car was on the dyno. IPS motorsports fabricated me a nice heat shield to solve this problem.

Dr.Buzz
01-24-10, 09:30 PM
Photo of Dr. Buzz's V, can be found at this link for those interested http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipsmoto...7622895986069/

Here are some photos of before an after dynos with the heat shield we designed and fabricated for the W4M intake.

The first Chart is where we finally ended up post heat shield. With the Shield we saw a drastic reduction of air intake
temperatures. With the shield around 71 degrees F, and 98 F post blower temps. (weather conditions were around 50-60 ambient in the shop actually)

The second chart is pre heat shield. After trying to tune the car after the cam installation, we were seeing around 140-170 degree air intake temperatures, and 137-140 post blower temps, which makes tuning the car a nightmare, because you can not have any ignition timing programmed in. So as you can tell a simple heat shield, while properly designed can certainly help increase performance. I wouldn't even want to know what this would have been like during the summer. ( I am also not claiming you will see 40-50 hp increase from just a heat shield alone, it was the combination of the parts on this car that yielded this, I am saying get a get shield though, it will only help).

Here is a photo of the sheild in its raw aluminum configuration. It slides right in place and bolts in easily with one bolt and is very rigid. We have tweaked the CNC program slightly for future needs if needed. This seals to the hood very nicely.

Regards

-Brandon
IPS Motorsports

vseries
01-24-10, 10:53 PM
Link is no good

IPS Brandon
01-25-10, 03:23 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4279865874_9978c6e831.jpg

And more photos found here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipsmotorsports/sets/72157622895986069/

Regards
Brandon
http://www.ipsmotorsports.net

vseries
01-26-10, 12:54 AM
Ahh I sheeee , So Brandon whats your recommendation for the best intake set-up? Does w4m make the shields with the intakes now??

Silver -V-
01-26-10, 10:41 AM
Does anyone else find it odd that AEM Air Intakes is a banner ad sponsor for this site, but they don't list any air intakes for Cadillac's CTS-V in their web page?

Tony407
01-28-10, 03:39 AM
Brandon,

Excuse my ignorance. Are you saying that the addition of a heat shield will require additional tuning, above and beyond what tuning is required due to the addition of the CAI? The heat shield looks good, BTW.

Tony

IPS Brandon
01-28-10, 12:15 PM
Ahh I sheeee , So Brandon whats your recommendation for the best intake set-up? Does w4m make the shields with the intakes now??

Well, I went over this on the phone yesterday with two other clients. There are really only three intakes (new era would be 4) that I was aware of. Hennessy, which is a good fitment, looks good, but did not preform overly well here, and at a price tag of $475 i believe; D3 has a nice intake theirs preformed the best for us, fit well, and the looks I personally wasn't keen on, just my preference, it is at a price tag around $500 which is high for the market, with the results especially. Then the wait4me, which is a good price from what I am told, fit was average, and the performance was the lowest from our testing here, add a heat shield in and it worked well. Currently Wait4Me has no shield, which is why we made one for our customer because it was so bad with out it, that air temps were just to high.We have no experience on the new era.

We are in the process of finish testing an intake with an even slightly better shield and design. We have some production decisions to finalize and with in 3-4 weeks it should be released, and the price is VERY competitive, and the results are market leading.

Brandon,

Excuse my ignorance. Are you saying that the addition of a heat shield will require additional tuning, above and beyond what tuning is required due to the addition of the CAI? The heat shield looks good, BTW.

Tony

Tony the addition of the heat shield will not require calibration, above and beyond. The shield just lowers the inlet temps to a different part of the calibration map that allows the car to run more ignition timing and better fueling, for optimized performance. So you bolt on the shield, which allows lower air temps for isolating the air filter to better ambient temperatures.

Regards
Brandon

neuronbob
03-17-10, 12:16 PM
Any update on your intake, Brandon?

hunterkiller
03-17-10, 12:37 PM
I like mine................

Gary Wells
03-17-10, 01:04 PM
I like mine................
You like yours, what, hunterkiller? I thought that over on the other thread you implied that you had Jesse Bubb's (Wait4Me) intake system. Am I missing something here. Can you be a little more specific? Whose intake system do you have, or do you have a combination of several different manufacturers?

Tedboss1
04-07-10, 02:54 PM
Brandon.
Any updates on an intake with better shield?

"We are in the process of finish testing an intake with an even slightly better shield and design. We have some production decisions to finalize and with in 3-4 weeks it should be released, and the price is VERY competitive, and the results are market leading. "

lawnstripes
04-12-10, 12:22 AM
bump for more info

dvandentop
04-12-10, 12:42 AM
I am still enjoying my intake from new era it is a nice piece. i am now just waiting for the borla exhaust!

Tedboss1
05-05-10, 10:53 AM
Any update on your intake, Brandon?