: Coin tray will not close completely

rglenn828
01-04-10, 10:26 PM
I have recently purchased a 2006 STS V and a quarter fell behind the coin tray in the dash below the radio. The coin tray will no longer close completely. Is there an easy way to remove the coin tray?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bob

Bee iLL
01-05-10, 01:47 PM
Its been a while since I've done it, but you need to pop the dash trim around the radio, then you can easily remove the tray and anything stuck behind it. There is a video on this site that shows how to pop the trim. http://www.coastaletech.com/STS_LOCKPICK.htm

LITTLEELVISDAN
01-05-10, 10:47 PM
mine did that. coins or bills behind tray. Dealer or u will have to take the tray out.

jwlund
04-23-11, 01:34 PM
I just did this as I had the same problem. EASY FIX! Thanks!

Bob Glenn
04-25-11, 09:50 AM
In my case the dealer fixed the ash tray while in for other service. I did not ask them -- when the car service was complete the ash tray was closed and worked correctly.

Regards,

fast_lane10
04-25-11, 01:54 PM
Are you referring to Ash tray ? if yes those are always a trouble with this car.. when i was looking for a car almost all of them had that replaced. moreover why dont you keep coins in the center console..there are slots for those

jedhead
04-25-11, 02:59 PM
The new ashtray is redesigned. The back of the tray has a cover to prevent coins from falling out the back and getting stuck in the console.

Bob