: Tire Advice

Easy2speed
01-04-10, 12:27 PM
I have a 2010 6-speed manual and I am having trouble hooking up in 2nd with stock power. Of course I am looking to mod the car to make even more power. What are you guys using for tires that can also be used in wet conditions? I never get snow here, but I would like at least decent rain traction because this is my daily driver. I would not be opposed to Nitto drag radials as they do fairly well in the rain for a drag radial, but I wanted to see if anyone has used them. I don't want to get excessive tire/road noise with a cheaper tire like the Nitto

Tony407
01-04-10, 12:50 PM
I have a 2010 6-speed manual and I am having trouble hooking up in 2nd with stock power. Of course I am looking to mod the car to make even more power. What are you guys using for tires that can also be used in wet conditions? I never get snow here, but I would like at least decent rain traction because this is my daily driver. I would not be opposed to Nitto drag radials as they do fairly well in the rain for a drag radial, but I wanted to see if anyone has used them. I don't want to get excessive tire/road noise with a cheaper tire like the Nitto

Can't comment on Nitto, but the stock PS2s get great wet traction for daily drive use. Of course, that's all relative in a 556 hp sedan and I can't think of any tire that would eliminate how easily the rear tires slip in the rain.

Tony

Easy2speed
01-06-10, 11:56 AM
Of course it will spin in the rain. I am wanting a tire that is not completely dangerous to drive normally in the rain - i.e. a drag radial. Yet, something that grips enough to not blow the tires off rolling into 2nd gear.

thebigjimsho
01-06-10, 03:57 PM
The PS2 is an awesome Max Perf tire but while its tread makes for excellent turn-in and cornering stability, it just doesn't get as much tread down for hard braking or violent acceleration as a Yokohama Advan AD-08 or Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 can...

GMX322V S/C
01-06-10, 04:17 PM
Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 :drool: If only they were available in the right sizes... (I run AD05's and AD06's on my Miata)