: Quietest, softest tires for 2000 DTS?

Chris Luongo
01-04-10, 01:00 AM
Going to pick up my newly-purchased 2000 DTS tomorrow to replace my 1996 Deville. It needs tires.

I know the DTS is a firmer-riding car, but I still want to get the least-noisiest tires I can find.

My priorities are, in this order:

1. Noise
2. Ride
3. Handling
4. Tread life
5. Price

I've already used the search feature, and this was the best (but slightly old) post I found:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-dts-forum-2006-through-2011/139460-quietest-tires-2007-dts.html

It looks like the Michelin Primacy would be a good choice---quiet, smooth riding, if a little bit pricey.

I've heard about Vogue tires but I don't want anything I have to get from the dealer....I want to buy from somewhere like Costco, where it's easy and simple to go back for routine rotation and rebalancing.

Any other opinions?

Submariner409
01-04-10, 03:40 PM
For the DTS (130 mph speed limiter), try the Cooper CS-4V in the OEM tire size posted on the driver's door sticker. www.coopertire.com

ryannel2003
01-04-10, 04:34 PM
I'm currently at replacing my two bald Uniroyal tires (yeah I know, bad choice for this car) with a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4's or Michelin Symmetry's. Had the latter on the car last year and they were great tires, but the Primacy's are supposedly the best tires in the class for my size. They are pricey, but I have read nothing but good reviews about them.