Cadillac Owners Forum banner

no lights for all door buttons/switches

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  RByers91 
#1 ·
First I lost the dash lights,jumpered it at the headlight switch until new switch arrived. Just put the new switch in,have dash lights without a jumper but no lights on any of the door switches/buttons.
All fuses are good. Any suggestions?
02 lade

#4 ·
Only in the drivers door. I can get the lights for the window switches and the power mirror to turn on if I hit it just right with my fist. They will stay on till the next ignition off-on cycle. The light for the heated seat switch are dead on the drivers side, ok on passenger side. I'll get to those after the steering wheel controls.

#5 ·
where did you hit it?
Im wondering if dimmer circuit at headlight switch is to blame....
My dash lights went out,jumpered the headlight switch and got them to work
until my new HL switch came in and now this,never have gotten the door button lights to work.

#7 ·
Wiring diagram for the switch:

I could not find a specific diagram for the driver door switches. SI manual is pretty general about troubleshooting procedures, is the ILLUM fuse ok? Since all doors have no power, I would also assume the switch is to blame. Start from there with your test light and post back.

#9 ·
I've got the same issue on my 02 escalade....

I replaced all of my window switches with LEDs. They worked great...for about 1 week...then all at once, every single one of the door lock and window switches quit working. I could understand if one LED light went out or one door...but not all four door....I've check every fuse with no luck...

all the door locks, and windows still work fine...just no illumination

let me know if you figure it out....something got shorted out somewhere I would guess..

#10 ·
I had 2 different problems,a blown 10A fuse and a bad dimmer circuit on a new replacement Delco
headlight switch. Since the ebay seller wouldnt respond to a replacement for bad switch,I fixed my old one by soldering a small jumper across the trace. Mine works fine now,just burns me that a legit ebay seller wont even respond.

#13 · (Edited)
SK7 Can you please help me on getting a service manual to show some wiring diagrams for the rear heater circuit. my heater/cooler works but I can't control the level zones (foot, head or bi-level) from the main control or neither the center console controller. I changed the activators (pic below) already (no luck there) but I can't find the Body module for all this.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.