Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2002 Esclade URPA IPOD & assy covers??

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Rolex 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 Esclade UPRA is inop.. I have a single light (third inboard0..steady blinks..NO SOUND..I have located the module under rear passenger seat..but cant locate the T/S connector for jumper..These forums are crazy hard to follow as my esclade is not an ext or esv... I "think" all connetions under bumper are secure..So what next? Any help is greatly appericiated!!

Also in search is rear pass outlet cover AND hardwire options for Ipod(iphone).. Bose system no NAVI!!!

#3 ·
Hey!! Easy... Short the "rear parking assist diagnostic connector" to ground is what I'm looking for.. and I HAVE used the SEARCH option.. but people like to reply to threads that worked for their 2005 esclade ext.. or whatever else doesnt apply.. they get confusing.. I'm sorry if my question hogging up your thread annoys you!!! but I was asking for some "HELPFUL" advice.. if you have NONE... thats cool too.. and YES.. there is a HARDWIRE.. for an IPOD.. most of the threads are a bit OUT DATED... so I was asking for any NEW advice..alot of people have navigation.. I do not!!! Some dont have tape or disc changer options.. I do!..Ive noticed you've been SUPER helpful to many people on here.. I don't know why I get the JackA** use the search button reply! But hey!! THANKS!!!

#4 ·
You haven't even been on this site for a week. Scan through the 99-06 Escalade forum and see how many threads have URPA in the title. Its annoying. There are over 50 threads that have a straight answer. There is no radio input HARDWIRE for your ipod. Your dreaming. Dont sign up for a day or two and start picking fights. Your going to lose.

The connector is going to be under the rear seats or inside the left rear trunk panel. Its black with 2 wires.

#5 ·
well SWEETHEART.. I just joined TODAY.. to ask this question.. If someone else with an 02 had this problem.. I have gone to this forum for help on MANY projects I have undertaken with my truck.. usually info is pretty clear.. 2002 URPA search brings up over 300 threads.. none of which address my model.. I'm really glad you know what I'm asking.. and you don't even have the same model or year as mine...the plug is NOT under the seat.. and since I dont have the same model as YOU.. I'm not going on a wild goose chase just because you THINK..I'm asking for advice..if you cant provide any.. WHY bother responding? seriously? and yes there is a hardwire for the ipod.. you obviously dont know EVERYTHING.. BUT I must say.. you DO know how to clean seats.. thanks for the post!!!
pick a fight?? I believe you replied to MY POST.... grow up little boy!!

#6 ·
maybe if youre trying to help someone... you shaould read and understand what that person is asking for...I was very clear in saying I KNEW where the Module was located..but needed help in locating the diag.connector...you have an EXT..as I DO NOT!!!!and the hardwire for the ipod was VERY dated.. as 2004..maybe someone has done this recent.. and could tell me a good manufact. besides PAC.. because I read that thread too..AND if you wanna act like you know about interior stuff i found a thread to a OEM company that does NOT carry what I'm looking for.. THANKS for your one man band HELP.. anyone else wanna help.. I'll be more than willing to listen...

#7 ·
Admittedly the search function here lacks the desired precision for a quick search. On this forum that goes back to models as old as 99' titles are going to get duplicated again and again. If you don't have something helpful to post, it's best not to post something to berate a brand new member.

Play nice. :)

#9 ·
If you know where the box is.... then your connector should be within inches of it. As I stated there were only in 2 places on these trucks. 1. under the rear seat or 2. inside the trunk driver side panel.

There was NEVER a factory hardwire for an IPOD. You have to buy an aftermarket kit. I figured when you said you were "in search of" you were looking inside your car, not the internet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.