: Shift Solenoid Kit Pics of Parts!!!!

Twilightcall
08-10-04, 10:45 AM
I thought everyone would like to see what you get in the shift solenoid kit. There are many posts describing it but a pic is worth 1000 words. Enjoy!!!!

jjbuckley
08-11-04, 08:00 AM
Yes that is familar, i remember them well. A wonderful afternoon under the car, at least is was spring wtih nice temps and low humidity.

John

Doug & Debbie Todd
08-13-04, 12:35 AM
Hi there! Thanks for the pics! We lost the B Solenoid in our 94 ETC while on vacation and ended up bringing it home on a car hauler. It looks like you have to pull the "honeycomb" down to get the solenoids out....is that correct? I appreciate your insight~
Debbie

bbozsik
08-13-04, 11:00 AM
I think you're referring to the valve body as the "honeycomb"? If so, then yes. Twilightcall, or anyone else who ends up replacing their Solenoids... maybe you could make a picture diagram we could post somewhere that details how to replace them for the novice. That would help many, many people out for a long time to come? Think of it as serving your country!

Doug & Debbie Todd
08-14-04, 01:46 AM
Yes, it is the valve body as my husband pointed out. Glad he works on the cars and not me!! I'm so glad we found this site...the shop wanted to charge us $3,700 for a new transaxle and it looks like a $70 upgraded set of solenoids solves it. We dropped the pan the the "B" is very wiggly - I'm sure it will be broken on the top side once we pull the valve body out. Thanks again!

Twilightcall
08-14-04, 06:56 AM
Hi everyone. Check down a few posts and you will see a post by me that has pics of the valve body, check ball locations etc.

Doug & Debbie Todd
08-14-04, 12:29 PM
Hi Twilightcall,
We found your pics last night - they are awesome! Can you tell us the torque specs for tightening the valve body cap screws? Thanks!

Mr STS
08-29-04, 11:48 PM
Are these hard to replace?? Can you do it off of the floor or do you need a lift?

Ranger
08-30-04, 08:57 PM
Yes you can do it off the floor. Just like changing trans fluid but a bit more invovled and you have to go a bit further into the trans.

rollman
09-03-04, 04:36 PM
If this job seems to much for some of you . Try your local trans shop , I did and it cost me $345 . Money well spent if you ask me. I know I could have done it myself but I would have cussed up a storm not to mention sweat my butt off. Mine happen back in July when it was hottie then hell . I know the local Caddy dealer wanted $1500 for the same job.

Mr STS
09-07-04, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the information. I chickened out and had this done! This forum is very very helpful.

93 STS
09-13-04, 11:22 PM
installed solenoids,car shifted fine !came out the next day it
would not shift.were dose the brace bolt to!could it broke the new
solenoid! thanks for any info .