: Dorman Knuckle bushings

Carvone
01-03-10, 10:51 AM
I'm installing a set of Dorman knuckle bushings that I bought off of rockauto, there is a flyer in the box that states the bolts must be torqued to 59 to 63 lbs. How important is this??? because the bolts were way tighter than 63lbs when I tried to take them off and 63lbs is not a lot of torque when your talking about holding the entire wheel assembly on.
I just dont want things to come back apart and would rather torque things much tighter.

Thanks for any feedback.

dkozloski
01-03-10, 01:19 PM
I'm installing a set of Dorman knuckle bushings that I bought off of rockauto, there is a flyer in the box that states the bolts must be torqued to 59 to 63 lbs. How important is this??? because the bolts were way tighter than 63lbs when I tried to take them off and 63lbs is not a lot of torque when your talking about holding the entire wheel assembly on.
I just dont want things to come back apart and would rather torque things much tighter.

Thanks for any feedback.
One of the sure fire signs that an amateur mechanic has been at work is that everything is overtightened.

Submariner409
01-03-10, 01:48 PM
This identical question is posted up in the specific car model threads and there is/are answers there, too.