: 2009 vs 2010 differences

jaxctv
01-02-10, 12:22 AM
Gentleman, I am considering purchase of either a 2009 or 2010 model, both are new. I am new to the forum, and wondering if there are any significant differences one should consider? Any interior or leg room differences?
I am actually considering one without Recaros, as I think they will be a little snug for me.
Thanks and happy new years

commander112
01-02-10, 07:56 AM
There are no significant differences between model years. 2010 cars received revised badging switching positions of the emblems on the trunk and they are phasing out the little GM chicklets behind the front wheels in the rocker area. 2010 also get the nav system as standard equipment but the cost has been added into the base price of the car. You should find that the 09 car is cheaper to buy as GM has incentives out there to move the older models.

zeaux6
01-02-10, 10:08 AM
I am not an owner, but from reading the forum, I think therebare a couple of other differences including the deletion of rain sensing wipers, the deletion of ambient lighting in the rear footwells and one or two other items. If you do a search, I am sure you will be able to find a thread or two that explains the differences.

JFJr
01-02-10, 10:48 AM
I am not an owner, but from reading the forum, I think therebare a couple of other differences including the deletion of rain sensing wipers, the deletion of ambient lighting in the rear footwells and one or two other items. If you do a search, I am sure you will be able to find a thread or two that explains the differences.You're correct about deletion of the rainsense wipers on the 2010, but I have found the rainsense wipers on my 2009 to be very useful and that, plus the deals now available on the remaining 2009's, should make them very attractive for a buyer.

Mike 09 V
01-02-10, 11:22 AM
Be sure and compare the power train warranties. I think the 2010 is a year less than an 09. This could be a significant difference, since a new anything in the power train is likely the more miles and time that passes and it cannot be cheap on a car like this. A crate motor for this car is around 14K +install.
I have the standard seats and have taken them on trips I feel they are perfectly fine seats, and have no desire for the Recaros.

marktanner
01-03-10, 01:27 PM
There are a few other minor changes for '10. Blue Ice is no longer available. Dark Sapele wood is available for '10, and a few late build '09s too. The headlights finally have flash to pass while the lights are off, but only one flash at a time. And Rainsense is unfortunately and inexplicably absent, not an improvement.

NYMerk
01-03-10, 06:52 PM
Gentleman appreciate the insight as i too am in the market for 09-10 CTS-V.

Z06ified
01-04-10, 12:16 PM
One other change: the suede inserts on the doors are perforated on the 2010's to match the seats, versus smooth on the 2009s.

GMX322V S/C
03-27-10, 06:11 PM
"Revised cabin-air filtration system"

http://www.automobile.com/2010-cadillac-cts-v-review.html

CadV
03-30-10, 10:59 AM
The tranny has a new part number in the 2010. Also when you put it into sport mode it will show you the gear your in above the M. In my 2009 the only way you see the gear is when I used the paddles. The blower lid is different on the 2010 but the blower part number is the same.

The wire colors are different when you tap into the mirror accessory power. Instead of yellow it is pink.

That is it so far.

shchow
03-30-10, 12:39 PM
Just ordered 2010.
I had test driven the car back in 2009 and again about a month ago 2010 model.
I could have sworn that the exhaust sounds louder now when compared to last year?
Probably just my memory was flawed. Anybody else with any thoughts/comments...