: condensation in the lamps?

dvandentop
01-01-10, 12:54 PM
anyone have issues with condensation or fogging over in the headlights at all?

when i picked mine up from the dealer i noticed both lamps had some moisture in them.

nynd
01-01-10, 01:13 PM
I noticed some in the left headlamp after washing the car one day. Usually, there is a gortex patch applied to the lamp. When this is not applied correctly or peels back, then you get moisture intrustion. When it happens again, take it to the dealer and get the lamps replaced. Mine did it the once and never again... so still waiting.

Gary Wells
01-01-10, 01:58 PM
Mine did it once when I first got it, but has never happened again. Mine was in the *passenger side* headlight. There again, I've never washed mine since I had it. I suspect that if it is going to happen, it will happen during washing or extremely high humidity. Seems to me that they should be sealed though.

keatdog
01-01-10, 02:59 PM
:banghead:
i had this problem with mine also took it to the dealer and they looked it up on their gm web site said that its normal there is weep holes in the assembly that combined with the lights burning will burn it off but it but it makes watter spots inside the housing which i hate they will NOT replace them i contacted 5 different dealers in the area and it was always the same story NO NO NO sucks because the watter spots is killing me

Keatdog

09 v

Gary Wells
01-01-10, 03:08 PM
I believe that quite a ways back some dealers had replaced the headlight bezels for same and /or similar conditions.

UPDATE: I just did a search and cannot find any threads discussing this.

dvandentop
01-01-10, 03:19 PM
damn interesting, i will continue to monitor it

Gary Wells
01-01-10, 03:40 PM
I don't want to be rude, crude, & socially unacceptable, but does anything ever go out or break that is covered by the GM warranty?

Caddyscat
01-02-10, 09:45 PM
Thats pretty crappy, you would think they should be sealed so as to prevent corrosion and 'water spots'. I would have a fit if mine did that.