: Door-Latch TSB/Recall

Baxman
12-31-09, 02:06 PM
I recently received notice from Cadillac that water can get into the door latch, freeze and cause problems. Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm taking it in next week for this service, to check the shuddering rear diff, and for the recurring DIC message "Service Stabilitrack".

ewill3rd
12-31-09, 02:12 PM
I have only seen one car do it and it wasn't a V.
It is no big deal and I can see how water can get in there.
They will have to remove both front door panels, be sure the doors are working from all the handles before you leave the dealer.

Baxman
01-01-10, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the reassurance and advice, ewill :thumbsup:

RapidRob
01-01-10, 10:34 PM
I recently received notice from Cadillac that water can get into the door latch, freeze and cause problems. Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm taking it in next week for this service, to check the shuddering rear diff, and for the recurring DIC message "Service Stabilitrack".

I've not received this notice/TSB/recall. Is there a number for it? I'd like to have this info. on hand for the next dealer visit ..

Rob

neuronbob
01-01-10, 11:30 PM
No biggus. Haven't received this notice yet, but it is surely in the mail. Will take care of at the next oil change.

readyact
01-02-10, 08:53 AM
I received my notice last week. Doesn’t seem like a real big deal, but once some of this cold weather and snow goes away I'll take the V to the dealer.

RapidRob
01-02-10, 10:58 PM
I received my notice last week. Doesn’t seem like a real big deal, but once some of this cold weather and snow goes away I'll take the V to the dealer.

Does it have a number, or something?? So when at the dealer I can ask them about it ..

Thanks.

Rob

Short-Throw
01-03-10, 01:31 AM
Does it have a number, or something?? So when at the dealer I can ask them about it ..

Thanks.

Rob

Not much to worry about as they can do this fix while you wait.

Here's the letter:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4240009902_ebc1e9954f_o.jpg

Mike

RapidRob
01-03-10, 10:24 PM
[B]Not much to worry about as they can do this fix while you wait.

Here's the letter:

Mike

Thanks very much Mike!

Rob

diznutz
02-26-10, 11:23 AM
I have an 04' and that starting happening two days ago. I can get my drivers side door open but it wont close, the latch does not catch on. I found out that if I close it and tap on the outside by where the latch is it eventually catches on. I wonder if the 09' is the only one with the problems. I has been snowing for awhile now so it might be it. I will have to call them and see what happens.

cbloveday
02-26-10, 11:51 AM
Hmm.. My car is a daily driver here in chicago. It has seen -20 below with wind chill and I have taken it to spray wash in these conditions just to get as much salt/etc. off as possible.

In these conditions the water would freeze on the doors before it runs down, yet I have never experienced this freezing door handle condition. I must be lucky thus far.

I am waiting for the service letter and will have this condition fixed regardless.

diznutz
02-26-10, 12:28 PM
Well doesnt cover my year so I guess I will have to see what I can do. Told by dealer it would be around $105 to fix.

tedcmiller
02-26-10, 11:31 PM
I have a 2009 CTS-V and have neither had the problem nor received the TSB.

neuronbob
02-27-10, 05:26 AM
I have never gotten this letter, so it must be certain VINs only. In any case, I have also used pressurized water when handwashing my car during this winter, in 20-degree conditions, and not had the problem, so I'm not going to worry.

readyact
02-27-10, 06:42 AM
I've washed the car several times with the temp below 30 and never had an issue. When I had the dealer align the car a couple of weeks ago I still had them do the TSB.

ewill3rd
02-27-10, 04:35 PM
It is just the way the latches are constructed.
They are not sealed on the top and there are two separate pieces.
IF water gets in there it CAN freeze and cause the doors to malfunction.
That is not to say it will happen whenever it gets wet but it MIGHT.

If you don't get the letter, just have your dealer check GMVIS to see if it applies to your VIN and get it done.
We were doing tons of them but they seem to have tapered off.
It is pretty easy to do.