: If you will be in CA on 9/10-9/11, you can test drive a 2005 STS, XLR, CTS-V, etc.

STSOnly
08-09-04, 11:21 PM
Hello my fellow STS and Cadillac enthusiasts.

I just received a 'Drive Summit 2004' invitation from GM and would like to share it with you. This is my 2nd one. The 1st one was held in May and allowed anyone who attend to drive the entire 2004 Cadillac lineup and some of its competitors, such as BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes Benz. Unfortunately, I couldn't go because I could not find anyone to drive me to its location, which is Irvine, CA. I'm afraid to drive on the freeway. Anyway, I don't regret missing it because they didn't have the 2004 SLS.

However, now they have the 2005 STS. I can't miss this for the world. If only I knew someone who would take me out there.

At any rate, I'm already registered. Anyone who will be in CA on 9/10 or 9/11 and would like to attend the event, you may go to:

http://www.drivesummit.com

As long as you're 21 and bring a valid Drivers License to the event, you will be able to test drive the following cars:
BMW 330i
BMW 540i
Cadillac CTS
Cadillac CTS-V
Cadillac DTS
Cadillac Escalade
Cadillac SRX
Cadillac STS
Cadillac XLR
Lexus ES 330
Lesxus RX 330
Lexus SC 430
Mercedes C 320
Mercedes E 500
Mercedes ML 350

I can't believe that I'm going to be able to test drive the STS without the pressure and harassment of some of the sales people at Cadillac dealerships. Hopefully, it will be a fully loaded RWD V8. I'll make sure that I bring a camcorder and a digital camera.
All I need to do is find someone who is willing to take me out there lol.

Mikethegreeat
08-10-04, 08:50 PM
i already went ot the event in feb last eyar.but im willing to go again since they have new cars...hey if you take me as your guest, ill be more than happy to take you along .lol i live about hour half from el toro

STSOnly
08-10-04, 09:25 PM
i already went ot the event in feb last eyar.but im willing to go again since they have new cars...hey if you take me as your guest, ill be more than happy to take you along .lol i live about hour half from el toro

I live 5 minutes from Hollywood Park and I'll take you as my guest as long as you can get us there on time and in one piece lol.

When you went last year, what cars were you able to drive?

I can forsee that the 2005 STS line will be packed at this event. So as soon as the event opens, this is the 1st line where I would most likely be in lol.

Last year I went to another GM event that was held at Hollywood Park where I had the opportunity to drive the entire 2003 GM lineup, including SSR, Corvette, H2, all the Cadillacs, and a slew of competitors like Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Mercedes, BMW, etc. For the most part, it took about 5 minutes of waiting in line to get behind the wheel of each vehicle. The only lines that were backed up for at least an hour were H2 and the manual version of the Chevy GTO. The GTO auto version was also backed up, but about 30 minutes less than that of the manual.

The event started at 9am and was over at about 5:30pm. I stayed all day and drove the entire Cadillac lineup, a Corvette, a Camry, an Impala SS, a Grand Prix, and a lot of other ones. I drove some of them multiple times lol.

The food at the event was bad, but after driving all of those vehicles, I didn't mind lol.

majax
08-11-04, 01:15 AM
I'm not 21 but my dad could drive them thanks sounds like a great trip.

Mikethegreeat
08-13-04, 10:43 PM
email me at niteriyder@yahoo.com