: Winter - shminter

csf
12-30-09, 08:31 PM
18 degrees overnight last night in Baltimore. No big deal. This morning I used the remote start from my bedroom window, car warmed up and melted the frost on the windows. Left for work 20 minutes later, car was so warm, turned on the seat and steering wheel heaters, headed to work on my new all season tires.

Obvioulsy everyone here is used to this, but as I just got the car a few weeks ago, and this is the first time I used the remote start. Now I say bring on the cold . . . . just not the snow.

inurok
01-01-10, 03:41 AM
Under 20 inches of snow last week remote start failed buy not plowing out my driveway as well. btw I keep my STS-V in a garage.

Kim'sSTS-V
01-01-10, 01:39 PM
I don't believe you guys. I would not want to get all of that snow, salt and chemicals all over my car. My V is put away for the winter in a nice warm garage and I am driving an older DTS with front wheel drive. The snow and sleet we have had has not stopped me from getting out.

inurok
01-01-10, 02:41 PM
I drive my big old rwd towncar in the winter but neither in the snow or icy weather. I am not gonna store my STS-v for the winter either...its a car and its for my enjoyment on earth to be driven as much as possible.