: Fleetwood web wheel dimensions

kevinf
12-30-09, 04:51 PM
I'm shopping for a set of wheels to mount winter tires for my 96 FWB. Unfortunately I missed the auction for a set of 4 originals for $107!!!

I've found a few GM designs in a 15x7 5x5 and what I think is a close enough backspacing/offset. My measurement on my original spare came out at 4.25" backspacing but the wheel is stamped 15x7 8 on the inside.

4.25" backspacing does not equal +8mm offset on a 7" wide wheel...

From Hearsecuter's thread I've learned I will need to watch the centerbore diameter and compensate with rings if necessary.

So far I have a lead on a set of GMC Safari rims (unkown dims, they are free) and 91 Suburban rims I'm going to measure tonight. These vehicles also use a 1/2" stud. I feel our 12 mm studs are also close enough to secure the wheel properly.

Any insight?

I would absolutely love to put a set of 454SS rims (also used on other models) on this car for winter! I believe they are 4 mm offset, not "bs" as indicated in the picture, I screwed that up.

outsider
12-31-09, 09:15 AM
man you get really specific with your rim sizes huh?

I basically just put on any rim that will fit and bolt on securely. Not sure if there are any longterm effects to this but in the short run I haven't seen any problems.

csbuckn
12-31-09, 01:24 PM
for my own education...backspace is the amount the wheel goes into the wheel well as measured from the front of the axle/hub? And how is offset measured?

I do know late model grand cherokees have the same bolt pattern.

kevinf
01-04-10, 09:53 AM
Backspace is the distance from the mounting pad of the wheel to the inside lip of the rim. Offset is the distance from the mounting pad of the wheel from the centerline of the rim. Positive offset is when the backspace is larger than 1/2 the rim width.

A 3.5" backspace on a 7" wide rim has 0 offset.
A 4" backspace on a 7" wide rim has +0.5" offset.
A 3" backspace on a 7" wide rim has -0.5" offset.

jayoldschool
01-04-10, 02:06 PM
Any factory GM 15" wheel that has a 5x5 pattern will fit. In fact, mid 70s Ford full size wheels will work, too.

kevinf
01-05-10, 10:54 AM
I just bought these this morning. Blew the budget but hey, they look good. I do believe they are actually Caprice wheels as they are only 6.5" wide and have the screws for the hub cap, I won't have to dick around with double threaded lug nuts now. Going to mount some Firestone Winterforce 225/75/15s on them from TireRack. Over the summer I will see about swapping out that bowtie for a wreath & crest!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180451605206&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
http://i.ebayimg.com/10/!BW+Wcww!2k~$(KGrHgoOKkUEjlLmVks,BK,DY7PE5!~~_35.J PG

I have a set of steel wheels off an Astro, haven't seen them yet, waiting for me in a friend's barn up in Minnesota. I will try to find a set of used mud/all terrains for going camping.

jayoldschool
01-05-10, 01:14 PM
Those are actually pick up wheels. They are 15x7. They came in 15x8 for vans and Suburbans, as well. Very similar to the N97 Caprice 9C1 police wheel, but slightly thinner metal, and rectangular holes instead of oval. They will work perfectly. Nice score!

kevinf
01-05-10, 05:21 PM
You are totally right, here are the Caprice wheels, round holes. I need to get some nice shiney lugnuts now that they'll be exposed.