Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Sqeaking at idle?

Tags
engine noise
1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  juissed 
#1 ·
Started noticing this for the past week or 2.. When I start the truck up and it is idling I hear a sqeaking noise coming from the engine bay.. it has gotten noticeable colder in.. Just wondering if it just the weather or if something might be going.. I am thinking it is the belt.. is there a way to subdue the sqeaking or is just something to deal with because of the weather? Thanks

#5 ·
I had that chirp chirp chirp sound as well a month or so ago. It was coming from the AC belt as the sound would only happen when the ac turned off.

Ended up just replacing both accessory belts and one of the idler pullies to silence the beast. Was ~200 or so at the new shop I've been going to.

Could have done this job myself but I'm just too busy and lazy right now.

You can try to isolate the problem to 1 of the 2 belts by only spraying wd-40 on one of them. Also, running a bar of soap on the inside of the belt while it's spinning will silence it at well, temporarily. Be careful doing this though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.