Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hotchkis question

777 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jerrycecco 
#1 ·
I did some research...but cannot find a "for sure" answer.

Does the Hotchkis upgrade have a noticable "seat of the pants" improvement to the V's handling? Or is this one of those mods that you make and never really notice.

:confused:

#2 ·
It's not like a shifter that totally transforms the car if that's what you want to hear.

When combined with a GC kit (higher spring rates and lowered about 3/4"), "Yes," there is a noticeable improvement. Heck, even I noticed it!.

But, unless you're frequently working the performance envelope in one of our cars, most guyz just aren't tuned in to such improvements as offered by Hots bars, IMHO.

#4 ·
I believe that the Hotchkis sways do more to reduce body roll on this car than switching from FE4 shocks to FG2 shocks. In fact, with the Hotchkis sways in place, I have had a shock (FG2) completely fail and I did not experience a decernable increase in body roll in hard corners.

On the other hand, you will not likely notice the change to Hotchkis sways during casual, unspirited street driving.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies.... :cool2:

I live in Tennessee and drive to Atlanta via the Dragon once a month... So I am sure there will be opportunities to push the envelope...

as far as lowering the car... I am not into setting the tires "up inside" the wheel well, if you understand me. Maybe 3/4" would not... I have not measured to be honest about it... :bonkers:

#6 ·
I'm about 3/4" lower with no problems. Looks a heap better, too.

If you're doing the Dragon and are familiar enough with it to safely push your car, you'll have fun with or without the Hots bars.

#7 ·
Will they eliminate that initial roll you feel when turning with any speed other than granny? I just want to eliminate that and the feeling of the inside back wheel being off the ground in a turn. I assumed sways were the answer but I need to confirm.. I can handle the change in tendency to fishtail I just want flatter turns..

#9 ·
sounds good. was the response more immediate and did the inside rear of the car feel more planted? i should clarify that i mainly want the flatter ride for sportier city driving...on long track-like turns where there's plenty of time to settle the car I am fine with the handling..

those econo sways posted recently may be the ticket. id hate to buy the hotch bars and feel like the money was wasted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.