: Olympic Predictions

daacon
08-09-04, 08:48 PM
I am not sure this is a "sanctioned" thread, but if not I am sure one of the moderators will nuke it and reprimand me appropriately :want:

I thought it would be fun for some predictions about the upcoming Olympics in Athens. I could not find the "official" number of events anywhere but let's say somewhere around 920 - 1000 Gold Medals will be handed out.

Now the Predictions: Seeing how my southern neighbors will likely lead the pack the prediction is two fold:

How many medals will the US get?
How many will be Gold?

I predict 95 Medals total with 37 of them being Gold........

I was trying to think a way of making this interesting like closest to total without going over gets a year paid subscription to this form from the 'rest of us" .....So if we have 10 responses would be 6 bucks a head - pay pal or snail mail whatever you are comfortable with (would need a mailing address for Sal)

For bonus points could predict an event(s) in the event of a tie ......This thread would have to be closed before the first event or at least the predictions held by someone ( I could do that - but I am holidays when they start perhaps a moderator) ....

Watcha think?

illumina
08-09-04, 09:03 PM
i think we should lull the original "dream team" out of retirement, that way, the US won't be embarrassed by the south korea all-stars.

c5 rv
08-09-04, 09:33 PM
I'm not feeling any excitement at all about the upcoming Olympics. Maybe I have too much else going on. Anyone else feel this? The only mention of it in my household is my daughter fearing the she won't be able to watch the Law & Order shows due to the coverage. I have a somewhat morbid curiosity to see if the Greeks can actually pull off the logistics or if it will be a giant CF.

Ralph
08-09-04, 10:57 PM
Daacon are you sure you want me to bet? Remember I predicted the 3/2 win for Tampa during the final Stanley Cup game. ;) I should have "bet the farm" on that one.

I have only one prediction and I know it will come true. Female wrestling, Canada WILL take gold! It's a LOCK. :suspense:

RBraczyk
08-09-04, 11:58 PM
Go poland....yea...

illumina
08-10-04, 01:50 AM
how about a ray lewis led football team???

daacon
08-10-04, 09:17 AM
Daacon are you sure you want me to bet? Remember I predicted the 3/2 win for Tampa during the final Stanley Cup game. ;) I should have "bet the farm" on that one.

Yeah another fortune lost. I got some investments from 80's I can tell ya about (there is this company called Microsoft - I think they will do well :banghead: )

It appears the Olympics are not generating much interest here anyway. To be truthfull doubt I will watch much either - now if Natty was the Canadian female wrestling representative and there was a "Jelllo" event :worship:

T_Dogg8
08-10-04, 09:53 AM
I'm not feeling any excitement at all about the upcoming Olympics. Maybe I have too much else going on. Anyone else feel this? The only mention of it in my household is my daughter fearing the she won't be able to watch the Law & Order shows due to the coverage. I have a somewhat morbid curiosity to see if the Greeks can actually pull off the logistics or if it will be a giant CF.
i'm excited for it just because it only happens once every 4 years. usually there's a few days that something memorable will happen.

1toycad
08-10-04, 09:55 AM
It appears the Olympics are not generating much interest here anyway. To be truthfull doubt I will watch much either - now if Natty was the Canadian female wrestling representative and there was a "Jelllo" event :worship:

Now, that's just wrong. :lildevil:

Maybe Uma Thurman vs. Luci Liu

T_Dogg8
08-10-04, 09:58 AM

luci liu would kick her ass

Elvis
08-10-04, 04:51 PM
I hope Iverson gets arrested on the border buying pot and gets thrown in a Turkish prison.

Ralph
08-10-04, 06:48 PM
Bow your heads you lowly dogs, and behold the 2nd most beautiful woman in the world (after Natty of course ) Six time World Wrestling Champion, Alberta born Christine Nordhagen! She waited 10 years for women's wrestling to be added to the Olympic events, and she was going to retire at 33 (presently) but is going back in to kick some major Japanese and American A$$! :D SHE WILL NOT LET CANADA DOWN!! I might even put the Caddy up against Toy's Mercedes, if I get a sudden urge to own a Benz. :D

I guess the Japanese have always dominated this type of event. Things are about to change. :sneaky: Christine's event can be seen on Sunday, August 22.

Now Natty and Zeta, that would make a good jello round. :p However Nat is not built for combat, just beauty. :worship:

Ralph
08-10-04, 07:34 PM

I bought Kill Bill Vol. 2 today (never seen it yet), and I will look foreward to watching it later tonite.

Forget Luci Liu as we all know what happened to her in the first one. Uma rocks!

illumina
08-10-04, 08:33 PM
I bought Kill Bill Vol. 2 today (never seen it yet), and I will look foreward to watching it later tonite.

Forget Luci Liu as we all know what happened to her in the first one. Uma rocks!

shit...that reminds me that i have to go pick up my copy i had reserved a month ago.

Ralph
08-10-04, 09:22 PM
shit...that reminds me that i have to go pick up my copy i had reserved a month ago.

You had to RESERVE a copy. :confused:

illumina
08-10-04, 09:34 PM
You had to RESERVE a copy. :confused:

yeah, i reserved it a little over a month ago. i pre-paid for it. i do that with a lot of movies and games.

Ralph
08-11-04, 12:14 AM
Hey Daacon, we'd better do great in every ice or cold weather event, after all we have a reputation to live up to. :want: Especially after they stole the Cup from us. :devil: :hide: :shhh: That's OUR game people!

Where are the next winter Olympics held anyway? I can't find anything in my guide.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-11-04, 01:25 AM
i dunno about her , she scares me a little , in that whole i will get broken in half dureing a procreation attempt kind of way

Ralph
08-11-04, 04:24 AM
i dunno about her , she scares me a little , in that whole i will get broken in half dureing a procreation attempt kind of way
:histeric: I've always wondered what it would be like to date a strong woman who could fight for me at bars, and carry ME to bed (for a change). No more breaking out the jack for flat tires either. :bighead:

note to self: never date a woman whose arms are bigger than my legs. :suspense:

daacon
08-11-04, 09:09 AM
Where are the next winter Olympics held anyway? I can't find anything in my guide.

A few Years ago they split the Winter and Summer Olympics to be a couple years apart. Next Winer Olympics are in Torino (Italy) in 2006 and yes we damn well better have a good showing for a country with 8 months or so of "Winter" (but little government funding there was a cyclist in BC that had to raise her own money to send her bike over to Athens ... :banghead: ummmm - and then there is that population base where California has as many people as our Country does)

i dunno about her , she scares me a little , in that whole i will get broken in half dureing a procreation attempt kind of way.
Yeah but with a smile on your face (a minute before she snaps your neck like a dry twig :canttalk: )

And Kill Bill II , Uma Rocks , and I never knew the Japanese bled like that :suspect: I think she took out more people that Arnie usually does in his earlier movies.

T_Dogg8
08-11-04, 09:26 AM
yeah, i usually make it a habbit to not date girls who can benchpress more than me.....but then we're not talking about dating. we could just wrestle a little while :lildevil:

Ralph
08-11-04, 01:25 PM
A few Years ago they split the Winter and Summer Olympics to be a couple years apart. Next Winer Olympics are in Torino (Italy) in 2006 and yes we damn well better have a good showing for a country with 8 months or so of "Winter"

And Kill Bill II , Uma Rocks , and I never knew the Japanese bled like that :suspect: I think she took out more people that Arnie usually does in his earlier movies.

Thanks! I knew they split the summer and winter events, I just haven't bothered to follow the schedule, except Christine's of course. :worship:

Well just like the first Kill Bill, I didn't like it the first time. I'll have to check it out again tonite (having friends over for it) then I'll probably appreciate it better. In Vol. 1, I liked the battle at Cotton Mouth's pad, and there were no large battles in Vol. 2. At least the story is fully explained, except why she didn't finish off Darryl Hanna's character, and the end credits they leave a big question mark over her name as if to imply a sequel? Loved Darryl's Trans Am, always wanted a Bandit style one.

Elvis
08-11-04, 02:00 PM
Ralph, in every picture you showed us, she was wrestling 8-year-old little boys.

Is that how things are up there?

Ralph
08-11-04, 02:13 PM
Ralph, in every picture you showed us, she was wrestling 8-year-old little boys.

Is that how things are up there?

Ha Ha, we'll see how she does against her American foe. :want: Actually I read somewhere in looking for some of her pics that we have higher qualification standards than other countries, so you may as well "bet the farm" on her. :shhh:

http://www.christinenordhagen.com/m.php?p=role

http://www.christinenordhagen.com/m.php?p=athlete

daacon
08-11-04, 02:18 PM
Ralph, in every picture you showed us, she was wrestling 8-year-old little boys.Is that how things are up there?

She is just following the "Cosmo Kramer Karate" model

As I mentioned we as a country our atheltes are "some what underfunded" :helpless: Maybe it was a school tour fund raising effort (for $5.00 see if you can wrestle with an Olympian !!! Hell I woulda paid ..then again to be manhandled in under 5 seconds with witnesses ...ummm maybe not :yup:

Ralph
08-11-04, 02:23 PM
She is just following the "Cosmo Kramer Karate" model

As I mentioned we as a country our atheltes are "some what underfunded" :helpless: Maybe it was a school tour fund raising effort (for $5.00 see if you can wrestle with an Olympian !!! Hell I woulda paid ..then again to be manhandled in under 5 seconds with witnesses ...ummm maybe not :yup:

I miss Seinfeld!

I added her role model link above the other one to help explain what she was up to, and she's a teacher. :) I'm up for some learning and discipline. :rolleyes2

Elvis
08-11-04, 02:39 PM
Ralph, she ain't no Jamie Sale.

http://www.fhmus.com/images/girls/jamiesale/6med.jpg

check out THIS link. (NOT work safe!)

http://www.fhmus.com/girls/covergirls/258/

daacon
08-11-04, 03:09 PM
I miss Seinfeld!

Get Sat TV (we have Bell) it is on three or 4 times a day :rofl: There are some classics yada yada yada, master of my domain, goes on and on and on .....

Ralph
08-11-04, 03:55 PM
Ralph, she ain't no Jamie Sale.

http://www.fhmus.com/images/girls/jamiesale/6med.jpg

check out THIS link. (NOT work safe!)

http://www.fhmus.com/girls/covergirls/258/

Damn French judges! :rant2: Jamie aint bad for a good Canuck athlete, but she won't be able to carry me off into the sunset like Hewoman Christine. Strange, I seem to sense a Cindy lookalike or at least a strong resemblance to her physically. :hmm: No wonder you like Jamie. :canttalk:

I'm shocked Natasha isn't listed there somewhere! She was a covergirl at age 14 in Paris!!

Daacon, we can get Seinfeld on Fox Rochester, but I'm too cheap to spring for tier one on my basic cable. :crying:

Elvis
08-11-04, 04:43 PM
I'm a sucker for those big brown eyes. (both sets) :rofl:

daacon
08-11-04, 05:09 PM
ok back on Topic (not really ...) - Canadian Olympians (for you Ralph) ..

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/olympians/index-e.html

it has more pictures and stories than we have medals

Ralph
08-11-04, 05:27 PM
ok back on Topic (not really ...) - Canadian Olympians (for you Ralph) ..

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/olympians/index-e.html

it has more pictures and stories than we have medals

Good site thanks, I was looking for something like that. I wanted to find a pic of Katie Vermeulin. She the Canadian "bad girl" of the Olympics. The reason, she's in the August issue of Playboy!! Very controversial. She is running in the 1500 meter, and she is very dedicated, and they expect her to take gold. I wanted a nice face shot of her. I'm also trying to find a site that has all the current athletes for the upcoming events this month, for Canada of course, but I wouldn't mind seeing what we're up against for Christine's nemesis from the U.S. in the 72 kg weight class.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/othersports/shownews.jsp?content=s071191A

Ralph
08-11-04, 06:06 PM
Oh no! Katie just missed qualifying! That must have been a blow. Poor Katie. (crying)

Ralph
08-12-04, 02:55 AM
Daacon, I found a way we can help support our athletes, by buying a "Roots" official Olympic clothing item. (scroll down to the second story) Click on the pic, they look kinda funny, like wannabe rappers LOL!

http://www.olympic.ca/EN/newsletters/10e.shtml

Also, I finally found a face shot of Katie (athlete in Playboy)

http://www.caaws.ca/olympics/2004/gender_issues/index.cfm

daacon
08-12-04, 08:19 PM
Daacon, I found a way we can help support our athletes, by buying a "Roots" official Olympic clothing item. ]

Thanks might just pick up some Root gear (I have to head down to the "Big Easy" in Sept - be good to wearing some Canuck Gear)

Also, I finally found a face shot of Katie (athlete in Playboy)

Ahh Playboy Atheletes ......can it get any sweeter :2thumbs:

Ralph
08-13-04, 08:07 PM
Thanks might just pick up some Root gear (I have to head down to the "Big Easy" in Sept

What's that, a mall? I'll have to check out West Edmonton sometimes. (largest in NA)

Weren't there some events that started today? I'll have to watch the news tonite for how many gold medals Canada took. :shhh:

daacon
08-13-04, 08:45 PM
What's that, a mall? I'll have to check out West Edmonton sometimes. (largest in NA)

It may well be but I was refering to New Orleans :coolgleam And WEM is freeeking huge - go to the water park once in a while - and of course have gone for a Sub Ride (more subs than the Cdn Navy hahaha) and the mindbender roller coaster ....pretty much avoid it now - exspecially at X-mas !!!)

Weren't there some events that started today? I'll have to watch the news tonite for how many gold medals Canada took. :shhh:

Some ???? Not sure any other country will get any :want: why I'd bet YOUR paychek on it :canttalk:

Ralph
08-14-04, 04:23 PM
Well Daacon, in 100m swimming we lost to the U.S., Brenden Hanson won it.

Michael Phelps of the U.S. also won the other swimming event so no Canucks advanced to those finals. :rant2:

However, in boat rowing Canada dominated and will advance to the finals- we beat Poland! Sorry RB. :p A New Zealand rower fell out of her boat. :rolleyes2

Boxing we dominated.

On women's beach volleyball we (Dumont and Martin) beat the Swiss team, and we were obviously underrated in this event. Mon they play the U.S. Should be interesting.

Elvis
08-14-04, 08:02 PM
I watched a little women's beach volleyball this afternoon. A couple American girls beat the snot out of a couple Norwegian girls. They were all over 5'10", and had awesome a$$es!

Then I started thinking--isn't Norwegian beach volleyball kind of like Jamaican bobsledding?

Ralph
08-14-04, 08:19 PM
I watched a little women's beach volleyball this afternoon. A couple American girls beat the snot out of a couple Norwegian girls. They were all over 5'10", and had awesome a$$es!

Then I started thinking--isn't Norwegian beach volleyball kind of like Jamaican bobsledding?

LOL! That's exactly what they meant for the Canadian womens volleyball team in saying they are "underrated." <----meaning if there is no snow involved, how the hell did we win?? :p Poor Norwegian girls. :crying:

Nope, they sure don't have much covering their a$$es. :D

Good avatar pic.

RBraczyk
08-14-04, 08:20 PM
That is one butch chick ralph.

Ralph
08-14-04, 08:24 PM
That is one butch chick ralph.

No way man! Her head aint shaved. :want: She's pretty, got lotsa muscles, could fight for ya if there are some bullies lurking about. Sounds great to me. :bighead:

Just cause shes got bigger arms than you or I, doesn't make her butch imo. :hmm: :crying:

Ralph
08-15-04, 07:20 PM
As I mentioned we as a country our atheltes are "some what underfunded"

Have you seen that commercial that says 75% of our athletes live below the poverty line? :rolleyes2 It's probably because they have to temporarity quit their regular jobs like Christine to train and attend the Olympics?

Msilva954
08-15-04, 07:45 PM
Puerto Rico just beat the americans at basketball.........im so glad too......who would have thought my small county would have beat such a small one.haha.....They are so happy now....

Ralph
08-15-04, 07:47 PM
Puerto Rico just beat the americans at basketball.........im so glad too......who would have thought my small county would have beat such a small one.haha.....They are so happy now....

I missed the ending of the U.S. men's volleyball against Italy. When I last saw it it was 16 to 15 for the U.S.

Ralph
08-16-04, 05:40 PM
Daacon, this is getting embarrassing, as of Aug 15th, Canada never got a single medal yet!!?? Even the athletes are at a loss to explain it. :rant2: Hopefully today will be better.

Ralph
08-18-04, 03:26 PM
I don't blame you for hiding Daacon, LOL! It's not looking good for us so far! Meanwhile the U.S., Australia and China remain in the top 5! We are in 30th for country standings! At least we got the bronze in syncronized diving :woohoo:

Christine, you are becomming our last hope, kick butt on Sunday!

daacon
08-20-04, 10:22 PM
I don't blame you for hiding Daacon, LOL! It's not looking good for us so far!

Not hidding - Vacation :coolgleam 2500Kilometers there and back (not in the Caddy - the family Montana ) - was doing some of my own Olympics (white water rafting and mountian climbing it was a blast)

Haven't seen much of the Olympics - know we have two medals now ??? (wow) - rowing team disqualified (that was most unfortuante) .......and yes some the women's beach volyball and cheerleaders who the hell cares who wins , it is just a pleasure to watch . :worship:

I was happy to hear about the dream deam (USA bball lost) - suspect they will still win the gold !!!

Gonna catch up on the Olympics this weekend ..right after Esk's pound the RoughRiders Ralph :want:

Ralph
08-20-04, 11:18 PM
Not hidding - Vacation :coolgleam 2500Kilometers there and back (not in the Caddy - the family Montana ) - was doing some of my own Olympics (white water rafting and mountian climbing it was a blast)

Haven't seen much of the Olympics - know we have two medals now ??? (wow) - rowing team disqualified (that was most unfortuante) .......and yes some the women's beach volyball and cheerleaders who the hell cares who wins , it is just a pleasure to watch . :worship:

I was happy to hear about the dream deam (USA bball lost) - suspect they will still win the gold !!!

Gonna catch up on the Olympics this weekend ..right after Esk's pound the RoughRiders Ralph :want:

They said that our best athletes haven't competed yet, so hopefully things will turn.

We'll see about the Eskimos. :vomit:

Elvis
08-21-04, 12:11 AM
We'll see about the Eskimos. :vomit:

Reminds me of that joke: "Where's that Eskimo woman I'm supposed to kill?"

Ralph
08-21-04, 12:52 AM
Reminds me of that joke: "Where's that Eskimo woman I'm supposed to kill?"

I give up? And please don't say thats the answer. :suspect:

airbalancer
08-21-04, 09:12 AM
Canada up to 3 medals now!

Ralph , Green riders go down again and to the Eskimos
Eskimos 31
Rough Riders 7
O No

Eastern
Team W L T PTS PF PA Home Away DivRec
Montreal 8 1 0 16 261 152 5-0 3-1 4-0
Toronto 6 3 0 12 182 134 4-1 2-2 2-3
Hamilton 4 5 0 8 226 312 1-3 3-2 1-2
Ottawa 4 5 0 8 226 261 3-2 1-3 1-3

Western
Team W L T PTS PF PA Home Away DivRec
British Columbia 5 3 0 10 291 203 2-2 3-1 2-2
Edmonton 4 5 0 8 234 252 3-1 1-4 3-2
Saskatchewan 4 6 0 8 235 248 3-2 1-4 3-3
Winnipeg 3 6 0 6 207 251 2-2 1-4 2-3
Calgary 2 6 0 4 220 269 1-3 1-3 2-2

Plants must be out of line
East is still better!
Go Argooooos! :coolgleam

daacon
08-21-04, 09:34 AM
Canada up to 3 medals now!

They said that our best athletes haven't competed yet, so hopefully things will turn.
Go Canada Go ..you may be right Ralph..man for a country our size , ya think ..... :helpless:

Ralph , Green riders go down again and to the Eskimos
Eskimos 31
Rough Riders 7
O No
Yeah Esk - although that puke "Green" Ralph had is about how the Esk's were playing latley but good as your last shift and 31-7 was a good shift :p

Plants must be out of line
East is still better!
Go Argooooos! :coolgleam
Arrrrrrrrrrrrgooooooooooooooooooooooo's - What about Daman Allen - ouch - man is almost my age and still a superstar - but hurt ....don;t recover as quick the older ya get .....

Ralph
08-21-04, 05:25 PM
Dooooooh, East vs. West :want: I caught the last quarter and it wasn't pretty. :crying: Green and white forever! :halo: :hide:

I know it's great they beat "personal bests" etc, but at the end of the day, the media and public only want to know how many medals we won! Before the games, all the athletes talk about is how many medals they want to win so they can come back and get endorsements for commercials and get rich. I can't blame them.

daacon
08-22-04, 01:33 PM
Dream Team (US Basketabll) must be in nightmare mode losing to Lithuania 94-90 .

Still have a shot due to a victory by hosts Greece over Angola in the other pool game. Could really use Shaq and Kobe .........

Wonder what the combined payroll is on that Team ...

daacon
08-22-04, 03:46 PM
"Golden" Finally !!!! (Sorry Wes)

ATHENS (CP) - Kyle Shewfelt has won Canada's first gold medal in Athens, finishing on top in the men's artistic gymnastics competition. The 22-year-old Calgary native executed a near flawless floor routine with seamless landings to give him the gold Sunday.

An Alberta lad :worship:

Ralph
08-22-04, 03:51 PM
"Golden" Finally !!!! (Sorry Wes)

ATHENS (CP) - Kyle Shewfelt has won Canada's first gold medal in Athens, finishing on top in the men's artistic gymnastics competition. The 22-year-old Calgary native executed a near flawless floor routine with seamless landings to give him the gold Sunday.

An Alberta lad :worship: :woohoo: Finally a gold medal. I've been watching a little and the female wrestler from Saskatoon didn't do so well against her foe from China, but its not over for her yet. I've been watching for Christine's wrestling event, but her class hasn't wrestled yet that I've seen. If I miss her, please let me know the results.

China pulled ahead of the U.S. in gold medals, but the U.S. has more than any other country. :rant2:

Ralph
08-22-04, 04:07 PM
Hey Elvis, what's up with the American media coverage? You'll be watching a sprint race or ? and if an American doesn't win, they don't even put the cameras on the victor?! :rant2: I like the CBC coverage, they always give some details about the winners. Just something I've noticed. :)

RBraczyk
08-22-04, 04:20 PM
hehe, poland has more golds than canada. but poland has sixteen whereas you have...25. Ah oh well

Ralph
08-22-04, 04:25 PM
hehe, poland has more golds than canada. but poland has sixteen whereas you have...25. Ah oh well

Actually, I'm embarrassed to say Canada only has 4 medals TOTAL. :disappoin Haven't followed Poland I'm afraid. With Christine's event today, it's 5 (gold) and it's a lock baby! :coolgleam

daacon
08-22-04, 06:00 PM
Canada is just bieng diplomatic :crying2: - trying to be in the middle of the pack .... :hide:

Offical Medal / ranking can be found at :
http://www.athens2004.com/en/OlympicMedals/medals

But we are hoping to finish strong !!!!

Ralph
08-22-04, 06:41 PM
Canada is just bieng diplomatic :crying2: - trying to be in the middle of the pack .... :hide:

Offical Medal / ranking can be found at :
http://www.athens2004.com/en/OlympicMedals/medals

But we are hoping to finish strong !!!!Good link Daacon! I take it that it will change everyday.

Hey ELVIS, maybe it pays off to be good in the Olympics, etc. look who Phelps got to meet!!

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=897445&rid=0

airbalancer
08-22-04, 08:15 PM
I heard the people in the US are getting Bell Canada satellia service so they a true coverage of the Olympics , not just NBC coverage.

I think Daman Allen is done for the season, For you you guys in the States he is (can remeber first name?) Allen younger brother, running back for the Riders in LA

Elvis
08-22-04, 08:35 PM
Good link Daacon! I take it that it will change everyday.

Hey ELVIS, maybe it pays off to be good in the Olympics, etc. look who Phelps got to meet!!

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=897445&rid=0

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

I've produced thousands of one-legged swimmers in Cindy's honor that could outswim that dweeb! (if you know what I mean...) :o :shhh:

Ralph
08-22-04, 08:58 PM
that dweeb!

:histeric: Remember, you said it, not me. LOL.

Air, I didn't hear about Damon Allen, but I've been glued to the tv trying to find out how my gal Christine did in Wrestling!? Any word? And I don't wanna hear the Americans beat her! :tisk:

daacon
08-22-04, 10:22 PM
I think Daman Allen is done for the season, For you you guys in the States he is (can remeber first name?) Allen younger brother, running back for the Riders in LA

Last I heard he wanted to come back - but may be improbable ...and that was Marcus Allen ......

daacon
08-22-04, 10:38 PM
I've been glued to the tv trying to find out how my gal Christine did in Wrestling!? Any word? And I don't wanna hear the Americans beat her! :tisk:

Sorry Ralph and the rest of Canada ... It has been very diffiuclt to find any information but one thing I found on her web site is "I think because of the draw, the best she can do is 5th" Bugger just like a Canadian to get into a Draw :crying2:

Edit : found this http://www.cbc.ca/story/olympics/national/2004/08/22/Sports/wrestling040822.html

Oh well ..........

Ralph
08-22-04, 11:16 PM
Sorry Ralph and the rest of Canada ... It has been very diffiuclt to find any information but one thing I found on her web site is "I think because of the draw, the best she can do is 5th" Bugger just like a Canadian to get into a Draw :crying2:

Edit : found this http://www.cbc.ca/story/olympics/national/2004/08/22/Sports/wrestling040822.html

Oh well ..........

I'm heartbroken. :confused: At least you found something, as I haven't been able to. Since she is a legend, one would think they would have reviewed her matches on TV, perhaps later tonite. I didn't know about her knees. There is still hope with Tonya Verbeek on Mon. against Sweeden.

It said Christine squares off with the American (Montgomery) on Monday in a "classification match." I'm not quite sure what that is, but maybe she is still in the game. Damn China and Japan, they are a major force in these Olympics!

daacon
08-23-04, 08:05 PM
Another day another Candian Medal (Damn Men's 400m US took all three medals :yup: )

Got rooked on the horse - oh well it is under appeal (don't like that process) , we will be lucky to break double digits at this pace :shocked:

Ralph
08-23-04, 08:47 PM
Don't mind my ranting Daacon, I'm still :crying: over Christine. Here is today's news, and she will be battling for 5th with the German girl, but she is still number 1 to me. ;) :crying:

At least she beat the American (Montgumery) today! :lildevil:

I never realized you can click under "journal" and read her letters everyday! Here's today's update and full explanation:

http://www.christinenordhagen.com/m.php?p=journal

daacon
08-24-04, 07:21 PM
What can you say about today - it was the best of times (Lori-Ann Muenzer cycling ) :dance: , it was the worst of times (Perdita Felicien hurldes ) :crying2: ...gotta feel for her ...12 seconds to glory or about 3 to infamy ....

Ralph
08-24-04, 09:22 PM
What can you say about today - it was the best of times (Lori-Ann Muenzer cycling ) :dance: , it was the worst of times (Perdita Felicien hurldes ) :crying2: ...gotta feel for her ...12 seconds to glory or about 3 to infamy ....

Plus I think we finally got a medal in swimming/diving?

That was terrible that Felician tripped! Unbelievable, all that training for years over in a few seconds. And of course the American gal went on to win that one. :rolleyes2 :yawn: