: tranny issue

jrrsmith18
12-29-09, 08:35 AM
any ideas on what this might be, second gear doesn't pull? like your going to pass someone and the tranny drops into second but you dont accelerate. it revs up to 4000 rpms, still doesn't pull, i have to let off the gas so it shifts into third then you can coast up to speed.

eastsidercaddy
12-30-09, 02:21 AM
See if you can go to a transmission shop and have your fluid and filter changed. You'll see if there's any metal shards in the fluid and that would be your answer. Also, too much or too little fluid can result in your problem. Just have that done and see if it's not better.

Matera97
12-30-09, 02:14 PM
If your lights by the shifter all light up in certain gears, the issue may be your neutral park safety switch, also known as a range selector.

jrrsmith18
12-31-09, 12:07 AM
too much fluid could cause second gear not to pull? cause i took it over to quick change and they added 2 quarts, and i doubt the transmission could be 2 quarts low.

jrrsmith18
12-31-09, 12:08 AM
too much fluid could cause second gear not to pull? cause i took it over to quick change and they added 2 quarts, and i doubt the transmission could be 2 quarts low. and the sport light hasn't come on at all.

TitanCTS
12-31-09, 06:30 PM
There could be a few things wrong with your car.. Low trans fluid, Loose trans filter or sticking valve body..