Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  jerrycecco 
#1 ·
Anyone have experience with Penske,Koni, or other 3-way adjustable
coil-overs for '04 V ?

#2 ·
i wasn't aware that those manufacturers made coilovers for our cars. There a limited amount of companies that offer them but from whom I recall they are KW, K-sport, D2, and another coilover solution is ground control, but it's not a complete coilover.

i personally run k-sports.

#4 ·
I believe there are penskes but really expensive

#5 ·
I emailed Koni a couple of weeks ago to see if they had shocks that would work on CTS-Vs or if they could create a new product for our application and have not heard back from them.

#6 ·
I hear KW is the way to go.

#13 ·
I love my KWs, ask lil-g

#7 ·
I don't know that anyone makes any 3-ways specifically for the CTS platform, so you'd be looking at a full custom setup if you wanted to go that route. I think there's one guy on here with a fully race-prepped V running Penskes, but I just found the thread and even he's only running 2-ways.

What are you looking to do with the car that you want 3-ways? That's some serious cash outlay you're looking at!!

PS - If you just keep on typing, the words will automatically wrap to the next line, and the length of the line will automatically be correct for all of us depending on what our screen size is set to. Like so:
Anyone have experience with Penske,Koni, or other 3-way adjustable coil-overs for '04 V ?

#8 ·
KW are better then stock, but if you really want to go all out and shave off some weight, Talk with Specter...They have ANZE shocks...All I have to say is WOW...You will save so much weight that two stock FG2 shocks weigh the same as a full set of these...
Fair i had my own set of issues adapting them to my stock setup. The aftersales support was great and the ride is perfect. No slop in any way and 100% height adjustable in the front...The rear is only adjustable with stock springs through spacers, unless you get the coilover option. Then you will have 100% adjustable as well...The options are endless, and the adjustment of dampenin up and down are completely adjustable.

WARNIN, these arent your cheap upgrade...You are lookin at about a $5000 enterance fee. You will get some of the best shocks in the world, and remote reseviors...

#10 ·
Thanks for the help.MTI Racing in Atl. built my car for 80% track-20% street.They offer Penskes-adjustable for ride height,comp,and rebnd-at a cost of approx 5-6 Gs installed and balanced.I was trying to save $s but I think you've answered my question.I'm going with Roger.Check out MTI's website and look for my car in photo gallery at Talladega Gran Prix Raceway.Home track is Rd. Atl

#22 ·
Aww you can't throw a bone out like that! :)

#16 ·
I remember you were looking back when I bought mine. I hope you do find something you like after all this time / effort.

#17 ·
^^^^^^^^^^
These days a $1000 savings for 20hrs (which I have not done)
of researching is a good deal
($50/hr post tax, pretax it's like $95/hr....I dont make $95/hr)

Cause we all know, upgrades dont increase the value of the car, only the life we keep them...
....I plan to keep mine sans CTSV coupe...that's be tough car to say no to...

--Jerry

#18 ·
If you put away $50 for everyweek since then, you'd have the $1000

#20 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are you married?
If I saved $50/wk for $1000, my wife would find it
...then spend $1200 at the mall....lol...

--Jerry
No I'm not, thankfully. I usually help women spend their husbands $:lildevil:. Although most women still prefer to have men buy them jewelry. Eveyone's situation is different. I'm taking on a second job again to pay for my V toys.

#26 ·
I will be running KW's on our shop car with a custom spring rate using SWIFT springs. www.swiftsprings.net. Should handle pretty well, I also have Ksport/Moben available to use but for the price we get the KW's for I can't pass it up. Though Moben's are second choice and still might be a possibility.

We are working with QA-1 for a set of EVO adjustable struts. I might speak with them on a set we can spec out for the CTS-V. I'm pretty sure they already offer something for the V but I'm not sure its something that people know a lot about and not a lot of people are running them. I'll soon know and see what we can come up with.

#29 ·
Yes, that is our sport compact site. Our growing LSX site is www.performancelsx.com I emailed the moderators here to get setup as a vendor. Just waiting to hear back from them!
Great,
There's many of us here, searching for our next suspension upgrade.
I'm looking at either adjustable shocks QA1 #TC1578B and #TC3025P or coilovers -- KW or Van Steel (not released yet)

So if you have something coming, GREAT,
please release information as you know about it....

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.