: heater ? and another damn transmission ?

CadillacPimpinNOLA
12-27-09, 05:16 PM
ok. before it got cold out i cleaned the heater core out flows nice and clear and strong flow. cleaned the water pump ect by blowing water through it.

seems now after a about 2 months it barelt gets warm. anything else to check. it didnt really get hot after i cleaned it out but now its barely warm

as for this damn transmission. at take off and low speed cruising ig i apply throttle it seems like it doesnt have the normal "go" like the speed is not matching the amount of throttle applied. now if i push it down hard it comes alive like nothing is wrong

no codes in the CC either

thefleetwoodguy
12-27-09, 07:22 PM
go to the diagnostics , go to #24, press out side temp button
see what temp your running at,
below 75c (fully hot), change out the thermostat
10 min job, tell us what you get

csbuckn
12-27-09, 07:44 PM
We have been having issues with the heat not getting up to temp in the 87, I was thinking that its was just too cold for the car to get a good temp and might try to put some cardboard in front of the grill...? Maybe theres too much water in there. As for the tranny, maybe the filter is getting clogged preventing it from acting right.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
12-27-09, 08:00 PM
as for the transmission it has a new filter. when i first started having some problems i changed that and the fluid.

ill check the temp and change the thermostat if i need to. lately its only been in the high 40's to mid 50's but after 16 miles of driving you would expect something to get warmed up

my little 91 isuzu pickup i use to have. let it warm up for 10 minutes and you could cook with the heater

CadillacPimpinNOLA
12-27-09, 08:08 PM
car was a lil warm from driving it earlier but checked it was at 78, as i let the car run it went to 87. then i turned it off

thefleetwoodguy
12-27-09, 08:34 PM
thermostat should be ok then
my black 94 fltwd required a back flush twice before it produced heat
had 0 heat last week in the 95
back flushed it, and its hotter then hell
now, since its easy to do, I would flush it one more time
as much pressure as you can, garden hose works great
compressed air doesnt, flush it in both directions for 5 min
and the hoses that got to the w/pump
I would bet you get heat
if not, could be a mixing door sticking
in the h/box
my moneys on the flush

CadillacPimpinNOLA
12-27-09, 09:39 PM
i'll do that tommorow at work. when i done the heater core garden hose and pressure nossel. took a while it just had brown water trickling out. then it got it to clean solid flow. same with the waterpump. definatly try again though. like i said it had little heat now it has almost nothing. so thats on the to do list tommorow.

anything on the transmission, i really not only dont have the money but i dont want to have to pull it for a rebuild right now

thefleetwoodguy
12-27-09, 10:24 PM
try it without the nozzle, it will flow more water that way
and reverse directions a couple times,Ill bet it works after that

as far as the other issue, is the trans slipping?
what color is the fluid, does it smell burned??

CadillacPimpinNOLA
12-28-09, 12:21 AM
the fluid that came out was fine, it has new fluid and a new filter.

the motor runs perfect, when from a dead stop or slow driving it doesnt have the go it use to when i want to acelerate. but if i press the pedal down hard its like no other car. seems like maybe slipping at those low rpms when i apply throttle to pass

CadillacPimpinNOLA
12-28-09, 05:55 PM
ok heater is good now. 2nd flush done it. i made sure everything was good. gets heat pretty fast now. and pretty hot to.

thefleetwoodguy
12-28-09, 05:58 PM
ahhh nice to be right!! lol
seriously glad its up and working
the trans issue has so many possibility's
its hard for me to throw some guesses
let me look at the fact manual see if it sheds some light

BossHoggin'
12-28-09, 06:33 PM
can someone explain exactly how to flush the heater core because im a newbie

CadillacPimpinNOLA
12-28-09, 07:21 PM
pull the 2 hoses off the water pump and run water through them. watch all the nasty brown shit run out

BossHoggin'
12-28-09, 08:42 PM
do i leave the hoses on and run water through one hose or take the hoses completely off?

sober2day
01-19-12, 10:51 AM
I had the same prob with the tranny. It was a vac line. I went under the hood and started to change vac lines and I happened to change the right one. My 68 coupe doesn't run perfect but the tranny shifts just fine. My big problem is the timing and the heater.

bwilliam@scican.net
01-23-12, 10:51 PM
can someone explain exactly how to flush the heater core because im a newbie

To be specific, you find the two hoses running from the engine to the heater core, and remove the hose clamps at either the engine or the connections at the fire wall. Should be 2 hoses that look like really beefy garden hoses, about 1" not the 2 biggies running to the radiator. Remove the hoses, and hookup a garden hose. A cheap garden hose w/o a fitting will often fit up into the hose and leak only a little. Send water through it both directions, and I usually do it from each direction 3x. I also usually _lightly_ tap the metal heater core connections on that thought that anything I can knock loose and out is good.

Have an outlet hose so the exiting water does not get all over things, don't do this to a HOT engine, and dispose of the, initial at least, drainage responsibly.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
01-24-12, 01:11 AM
To be specific, you find the two hoses running from the engine to the heater core, and remove the hose clamps at either the engine or the connections at the fire wall. Should be 2 hoses that look like really beefy garden hoses, about 1" not the 2 biggies running to the radiator. Remove the hoses, and hookup a garden hose. A cheap garden hose w/o a fitting will often fit up into the hose and leak only a little. Send water through it both directions, and I usually do it from each direction 3x. I also usually _lightly_ tap the metal heater core connections on that thought that anything I can knock loose and out is good.

Have an outlet hose so the exiting water does not get all over things, don't do this to a HOT engine, and dispose of the, initial at least, drainage responsibly.

two things wrong here, on a 93-96 fleetwood the hoses go to the waterpump not the radiator and a garden hose will not fit in the hose.

bwilliam@scican.net
01-24-12, 11:35 PM
My bad. I have an older model.