: 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Level ride issues

94fwb
12-26-09, 07:37 PM
Oh save me cadillac gods!

I have posted quite a few times and have been saved and have had the chance of saving others as well. Here's my dilema and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 94 Fleetwood brougham. about a month ago, the "stern" or back end started to sag, I noticed the level compressor was not engaging like it used to. I used to start the car or while it was parked hear the compressor engaging and the rear lifting. All of the sudden she stopped working?

I checked the large fuse underhood and it checked out ok. I replaced the relay next to the compressor and still no luck. I am wondering if the rear sensor just went kapoot or the compressor is dead? it was working fine up until last month so I don't see it as a major malfunction, maybe a sensor or wire? any help would be awesome! hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

N0DIH
12-27-09, 03:43 PM
Mine broke the switch linkage in back right after I got it. $20 from a dealer and fixed. Later the comp died and I couldn't figure out how to get out, so I attached a valve stem to it and went manual air.

The "best" way is to fix by installed a set of Wagon rear springs, the ride is great, and it doesn't sag at all with no air in the shocks. And handling is much improved, as well as the car feels better in corners.

Oh save me cadillac gods!

I have posted quite a few times and have been saved and have had the chance of saving others as well. Here's my dilema and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 94 Fleetwood brougham. about a month ago, the "stern" or back end started to sag, I noticed the level compressor was not engaging like it used to. I used to start the car or while it was parked hear the compressor engaging and the rear lifting. All of the sudden she stopped working?

I checked the large fuse underhood and it checked out ok. I replaced the relay next to the compressor and still no luck. I am wondering if the rear sensor just went kapoot or the compressor is dead? it was working fine up until last month so I don't see it as a major malfunction, maybe a sensor or wire? any help would be awesome! hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

IDSkiman
12-28-09, 08:59 PM
Mine broke the nylon ball socket on the connecting rod from the axle to the level switch on a big N. MI pothole. Still haven't gotten it fixed as the local dealer says GM considers these cars obsolete and no longer makes parts. Anyone have a source of supply? I had a 63 Mercedes Benz diesel that used metal ball sockets on the throttle linkage that were similar to those on the level ride system but I cannot even find them now.

N0DIH
12-28-09, 09:03 PM
Good question would like to know myself. GM uses that design still on the 2000 Park Ave level ride....

Cadillacboy
12-29-09, 01:55 PM
I would recommend you to contact
www.gmotors.com

www.crowncadillacolds.com

Hope this helps :)

IDSkiman
12-29-09, 04:27 PM
Cadillacboy, Thanks for the links. Ordered the ball joint thru crowncadillacolds. Now well see if it shows up. $6 for the part and $9 to ship, seems a bit steep in the shipping dept. Hope I have better luck with this site. I tried ordering power window rollers to replace the broken slide style in my 94 RML from another GM parts site. A couple days after the order was placed I get a email saying the parts are on national back order with no due in date. I ended up getting them from the local Advance store at about three times the price.