Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Fitment issue w/ 2006+ K&N CAI

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  lollygagger8 
#1 ·
Against my better judgment I decided to get the K&N to go with my new Kooks headers planning on doing H/C/I down the road. I thought I should just go ahead and get it instead of the DIY version.

During installation I ran into 2 problems. The holes do not line up with the MAF. I could drill new holes but then it wont align with the duct from the filter so this is not possible. The only solution would be to use the 2 holes that do align and this would probably leak.

Second, the bracket to mount to the frame doesnt even come close to lining up. I tried putting this piece in every possible position but could not get it to fit.

I am going to try to attach some pictures - has anyone else had trouble on 2006+ cars??

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you try flipping that little flange in your hand around? I remember when I put mine on, I had it backwards the first time. If you play with the flange a little, it should eventually go flush. You don't have to drill anything....it's just plug and play.

#6 · (Edited)
ya the maf just has to be turned the two bottom holes are closer together and the top one is further away and for the mounts i just put the mounts on the piece of heat shiled first but not all the way tight than you can get it in there and put in the ones to the body of the car than tighten all down once you have all 4 started should get ya going and good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.