: need help on new cts v

jeffnjen
12-25-09, 01:07 PM
hi guys,
merry christmas. Had an 04 s55 mercedes rocket ship, went to bmw 650i, now about to trade it on an 09 ctsv. first im scared, because im kind of used to german cars, second, can you guys tell me if im getting a good price....
its a 2009 cts v, every option except suede steering wheel and polished wheels( what i really wanted) for 59500, mind you im getting hosed on my trade for a couple thousand....any input appreciated.
i also see these cars are selling like hotcakes

sefa01
12-25-09, 03:10 PM
hi guys,
merry christmas. Had an 04 s55 mercedes rocket ship, went to bmw 650i, now about to trade it on an 09 ctsv. first im scared, because im kind of used to german cars, second, can you guys tell me if im getting a good price....
its a 2009 cts v, every option except suede steering wheel and polished wheels( what i really wanted) for 59500, mind you im getting hosed on my trade for a couple thousand....any input appreciated.
i also see these cars are selling like hotcakes

Are you getting GMS on this? If not, that would save you at least an additional $6k-$7k. If you need GMS, PM me.

MReiland
12-25-09, 03:22 PM
Now is definately the time to get GMS if you own a non-gm vehicle.

neuronbob
12-25-09, 05:26 PM
That price is very slightly above GMS, assuming no Recaros. I'd say that was a good price. (I paid GMS--THANKS MATT ;) :worship: --and that price is pretty close.) If you can get a GMS number, all the better.

jeffnjen
12-25-09, 06:26 PM
what the heck is gms and yes it has recaros

jeffnjen
12-25-09, 06:30 PM
sefa 01. im new to this forum so it wont let me pm..... an anti spam thing
thanks

neuronbob
12-25-09, 07:46 PM
It's got Recaros? Then you've got yourself an excellent price. Run, do not walk, back to the dealer!

BTW, GMS is GM employee price.

jeffnjen
12-25-09, 08:45 PM
hi,
thanks for the response, that is price WITHOUT zero percent finance, price goes up 5000 if i take the zero percent....

sefa01
12-25-09, 09:03 PM
hi,
thanks for the response, that is price WITHOUT zero percent finance, price goes up 5000 if i take the zero percent....

Not such a great price, then.

jeffnjen
12-25-09, 10:31 PM
yeah, thats what im beginning to think.....

neuronbob
12-25-09, 10:56 PM
hi,

Kinda important info you left out there. That price is not as good as I thought. You need a GMS number for sure.

zyx5432
12-26-09, 09:09 AM
Get GMS!

sefa01
12-26-09, 04:14 PM
thanks

If you're still interested in the car (and it's still available), contact the dealer to see if it will take GMS. If so, ask what the price will be with GMS. If it all sounds good, send me an e-mail at sefa@aol.com and I'll tell you how to get the GMS registration and certificate.

While not a GM supplier or anything else with GM , I was able to use it for my V2 and previously for a Corvette

thebigjimsho
12-26-09, 06:12 PM
hi,
Get that GMS number. Your dealer may be able to even set you up with it. I bought mine as a demo and we haggled endlessly but had a breakthrough when the dealer found out you could apply the GMS # to a reduced price since it was a demo.

But, bottom line, find out what your general finacning charges would be over the price of your loan. I didn't get the lowest price ever for my '09 BUT with 0%, it saved me more money than the rebates would with a traditional loan. Crunch those numbers!!!

jeffnjen
12-26-09, 11:48 PM
i number crunched until my calculator buttons popped off, the zero percent would be good if i kept the car for 4 years or longer, but i tend to trade them after 2-3 years, so my own financing would have been better for me. after looking at the manheim numbers for 2009 ctsvs at auction, they are going for 49-50k, that would put me 15k behind the eight ball as soon as i signed the papers, with my 3.99 percent financing on a 59.5k car.....

Krug Ford
12-28-09, 02:58 PM
If you need anything please give me a call.

thebigjimsho
12-28-09, 03:14 PM
i number crunched until my calculator buttons popped off, the zero percent would be good if i kept the car for 4 years or longer, but i tend to trade them after 2-3 years, so my own financing would have been better for me. after looking at the manheim numbers for 2009 ctsvs at auction, they are going for 49-50k, that would put me 15k behind the eight ball as soon as i signed the papers, with my 3.99 percent financing on a 59.5k car.....
well, I tend to keep my cars for 6-10 years so I'm not worried about a 72 month term...plus the cash I could've put down is still sitting in my bank so I've got insurance...

sefa01
12-29-09, 12:20 PM
thanks

Somehow your e-mail went to my spam folder. Just saw it today. Check you're mailbox and you'll have the into you need.