: Corsa sound effects on the interior?

commander112
12-24-09, 06:37 PM
One of the things I like about the new V is how it is pretty quiet on the inside. If you stand on it you really just hear a bit of the supercharger whine and some of the exhaust note. If you switch to the Corsa mufflers how much does it change the exhaust note on the interior? Does it drone at any speeds?

nradcad
12-24-09, 06:44 PM
Ah, that's the one thing I hate about the V. The completely innocuous cabin ride.

cbloveday
12-24-09, 06:53 PM
I have experienced no drone from the Corsa Sport axle backs and find the cabin musical under acceleration.

Leadfoot09
12-24-09, 08:08 PM
I have the Corsa Sports and have no drone in the cabin. The exhaust note is nicely evident during acceleration and there is a nice burbly feedback (small backfires) when lifting off the gas. I do have a pronounced increase in supercharger whine/whistle noise in the cabin now when I am at WOT. I guess it is a result of the less restrictive exhaust?

zyx5432
12-24-09, 08:26 PM
Others have reported the sports as being loud when paired with aftermarket headers. For that reason I am thinking headers and the touring Corsas for good sound at WOT but not obnoxious.

neuronbob
12-24-09, 09:23 PM
I have the Corsa Touring and also appreciate the lack of drone in the cabin. This exhaust sounds stock when you are not getting on it except for the lack of drone, which I simply do not miss from the stock cans. The exhaust note on WOT is awesome. Probably not as loud as with the Sports, but I'm happy for now. ;)

lmcgrew79
12-25-09, 10:28 AM
yeah i have the corsa sports and at wot you can def. hear there supercharger whistling air out the exhausts pipes, i had my wife rev it up while i was outside and it is pretty damn loud. Inside i had no idea..I think it may scare some women and small children..lol

neuronbob
12-25-09, 11:28 AM
LOL! After I had the Corsas installed, my 3-year-old jumped when I started up the car if he was standing outside. He's more used to it almost six months later, but there's still at least a startle.

I can accelerate onto the freeway at a reasonable pace when my FIL's in the car...it scares the crap out of him, too. He fails to understand the concept of what a sports sedan with a V8 sounds like. :D

sirjames
12-25-09, 12:36 PM
Guys,
I am looking to upgrade the exhaust on my '09. I had/have Corsa on my '05. Would you guys all give it a thumbs up? I like the little "backrattle" when I lift off the pedal...

CoOlSlY
12-25-09, 01:02 PM
LOL! After I had the Corsas installed, my 3-year-old jumped when I started up the car if he was standing outside. He's more used to it almost six months later, but there's still at least a startle.

I can accelerate onto the freeway at a reasonable pace when my FIL's in the car...it scares the crap out of him, too. He fails to understand the concept of what a sports sedan with a V8 sounds like. :D

Just picked up the Corsa "Sport" yesterday, I hope it's not too loud. I had a Miltek Non-resonated catback on my V8 S4 and it was not too loud and hopefully the Corsa Sport will not be louder... I listened to the vids but it's always hard to say...

lmcgrew79
12-25-09, 01:11 PM
I give it 2 thumbs and a big toe

sirjames
12-26-09, 03:19 PM
I give it 2 thumbs and a big toe

-Thanks

cbloveday
12-27-09, 08:22 AM
It is not too loud. On the contrary, it allows you to "feel" the engine from inside the cabin. I think it is one of the "best bang for the buck" mod.

nradcad
12-28-09, 12:00 AM
Does anyone in the Houston area have this mod? I'm gonna have to experience it first before I commit.

zyx5432
12-28-09, 09:06 AM
If you find someone in Houston, let me know. I'm in the same area and have the same interest. Thanks!

Krug Ford
12-28-09, 03:15 PM
The Corsa sounds great on the car. I would go with them. I have them on mine and my vette.

RFALK347
12-28-09, 05:17 PM
I too am interested an in the Houston area - maybe we can get a group discount from one of the venders here???

hunterkiller
03-29-10, 12:30 PM
Others have reported the sports as being loud when paired with aftermarket headers. For that reason I am thinking headers and the touring Corsas for good sound at WOT but not obnoxious.

I have AMR long tube headers no cats and the Corsa tour axel back. The sound it makes is sweet and very dignified under hard wot it is athoritative. Then when I open my DMH electronic cut outs all hell brakes loose

Titaniumseeker
03-29-10, 12:54 PM
I have the Corsa's on mine with the Kooks Headers. The Corsa's do eliminate Cabin drone even with the addition of Kooks headers.
Caution: Exhaust is louder at WOT with the Kooks Headers...:rock:

MajCTS-V
03-29-10, 01:37 PM
I second all above...I have the Corsa Sport axelback on mine (thanks again Curtis) and this past weekend I installed a new Era intake...I love the sound of the intake...image the intake taking those deep breaths of fresh air with the sound of the supercharger whine and exhaust making music (LOL)...next up is the handheld...

CoOlSlY
03-29-10, 01:56 PM
I'm wondering... I installed the Corsa when the car had ~25 kilometers!!! Is it good or bad? I'm still breakin the engine (3k and less) for at least 800km... The sound is drone free wich makes me chose the Corsa axleback