: Seasons Greetings! What's under your X-mas tree??

Bro-Ham
12-24-09, 05:43 PM
A very Merry Christmas to everyone! Dave :)

Stingroo
12-24-09, 06:17 PM
I still love your car. :)

Nothing's under our tree this year. Dad's car decided to blow a head gasket, but I found a replacement for them on craigslist; a '97 Olds Delta 88 with 162k miles. The car has every single service record since new, and all have been done at the same dealership. Dad went to see it two days ago and said it ran like a top. I got to drive it today, and my god. That car is so quiet. Can't feel shifts, can't hear it run. It's definitely got another 100k plus in it. :)

Otherwise, Christmas waits until after tax day for us this year. And towing happens next Wednesday! Hooray for me!

Bro-Ham
12-24-09, 06:25 PM
Sting, where are those pictures of your car in our X-mas stockings?? :)

Stingroo
12-24-09, 06:38 PM
Fine. Here's one, for a teaser. It's sitting next to the Mazda (RIP).

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8725/1222161651.jpg

I'll actually kind of miss that car, in a weird way. It was pretty rev happy, loud, and surprisingly fun to drive IMO. As far as 6-cylinders go, it sounded pretty nice to me. But it was falling apart inside (way too much plastic), and built for midgets (I'm 5'9 and still had to set the seat all the way back and bend my knees too much for my own good. Long trips were not my friend). Ah well. The Olds is a much better car all around, and when my Cadillac runs... :drool:

EDIT: Pic resized.

Stingroo
12-24-09, 06:38 PM
And wow, that's decent for a cell phone pic!

Bro-Ham
12-24-09, 06:57 PM
Very nice Sting! WOW! I can't believe it hasn't blown away or evaporated - you still have it! Great! :) Tell Santa you want it running and to make it happen tonight. :)

Here's a picture of my boat on the island here today. It was 77 degrees and sunny. :) Sorry to all those getting clobbered by the blizzard right now. Get in your Cadillacs and, as they say on the Price is Right, come on down! :)

Stingroo
12-24-09, 07:02 PM
It's too heavy to blow away. :)

I like your tropical setting. I live in crap Florida. I don't get to see any of the good stuff.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-09, 08:32 PM
Very nice Sting! WOW! I can't believe it hasn't blown away or evaporated - you still have it! Great! :) Tell Santa you want it running and to make it happen tonight. :)

Here's a picture of my boat on the island here today. It was 77 degrees and sunny. :) Sorry to all those getting clobbered by the blizzard right now. Get in your Cadillacs and, as they say on the Price is Right, come on down! :)

I love your '79, but I loved that '81 FWB Coupe you let me drive even more. That thing was the shit! :) :)

Is that a 929?? Those things are incredibly rare to find nowadays and very cool looking. Jesda loves those things, I guess he's had like three of 'em. Those are actually a fairly large car, but the FWB makes it look like a Protege!

Stingroo
12-24-09, 09:17 PM
It is indeed a 929.

It is decently sized, but really kind of small for me, because I have long-ish legs, and I'm a bigger guy. But yeah.

We got it from a guy who wanted to junk it because it needed a timing chain (or belt, I don't actually know, but I'm pretty sure it's a chain) and couldn't afford to repair it. The guy brought the title in, and dad decided to have him sign it over to us. Wrote up a dummy bill of sale for $100, had it fixed for parts plus two 12 packs by one of the Mazda technicians dad was good friends with at the dealership, and drove it after our '91 Grand Marquis got wrecked and totaled by insurance.. That 929 had 65k miles on it, in 2004, when we got a hold of it. It died at 108,650.

I liked it though. It was decently quick for what it was, and pretty simple to navigate inside. It was also the first vehicle I ever drove that had no cupholders. Really annoying. LOL

That said, we just got back from a short-ish 15 mile trip in the Delta 88 -- it blows it away in literally EVERY category. I thought it rode well, but after driving it for my 2nd time, this time longer than just to the store and back, I must say... if by chance I can't fix my Cadillac... I'd look for one of these.

EDIT: for Chad/Jesda: that 929 has every option available except for the heated seats.

Bro-Ham
12-24-09, 09:40 PM
I love your '79, but I loved that '81 FWB Coupe you let me drive even more. That thing was the shit! :) :)

Chad, You sure did like that old heap! :) :) :) I miss that car too..... It was the sexiest 238k mile car and the guy I sold it to fixed the V8-6-4 and it drove like butter! Damn! :) Oh well, I'd do another '81 if I knew it ran right because the big Cadillac engine with fuel injection was sure smooth and sweet! :) Merry Christmas!!! Dave

Stingroo
12-24-09, 09:45 PM
lol So now that I see that picture... I have to ask: how long have you had that same set of 93-96 FWB wheels? lol

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-09, 09:50 PM
Chad, You sure did like that old heap! :) :) :) I miss that car too..... It was the sexiest 238k mile car and the guy I sold it to fixed the V8-6-4 and it drove like butter! Damn! :) Oh well, I'd do another '81 if I knew it ran right because the big Cadillac engine with fuel injection was sure smooth and sweet! :) Merry Christmas!!! Dave

Was that car an orangish or more of a brownish color? I remember it being a medium brown but I did see it late in the afternoon...

It is indeed a 929.

It is decently sized, but really kind of small for me, because I have long-ish legs, and I'm a bigger guy. But yeah.

We got it from a guy who wanted to junk it because it needed a timing chain (or belt, I don't actually know, but I'm pretty sure it's a chain) and couldn't afford to repair it. The guy brought the title in, and dad decided to have him sign it over to us. Wrote up a dummy bill of sale for $100, had it fixed for parts plus two 12 packs by one of the Mazda technicians dad was good friends with at the dealership, and drove it after our '91 Grand Marquis got wrecked and totaled by insurance.. That 929 had 65k miles on it, in 2004, when we got a hold of it. It died at 108,650.

I liked it though. It was decently quick for what it was, and pretty simple to navigate inside. It was also the first vehicle I ever drove that had no cupholders. Really annoying. LOL

That said, we just got back from a short-ish 15 mile trip in the Delta 88 -- it blows it away in literally EVERY category. I thought it rode well, but after driving it for my 2nd time, this time longer than just to the store and back, I must say... if by chance I can't fix my Cadillac... I'd look for one of these.

EDIT: for Chad/Jesda: that 929 has every option available except for the heated seats.

Wait, so the headgaskets went on the 929? Does it have those sweet oscillating vents?

Bro-Ham
12-24-09, 09:52 PM
lol So now that I see that picture... I have to ask: how long have you had that same set of 93-96 FWB wheels? lol

Funny you should ask. I've been putting 93-96 Fleetwood alloys on all my old Cads starting about the year 2000. :) At one time I had maybe 10 or 12 extra wheels laying around - I bought and sold them on eBay to get the nicest ones. I even had a set chromed - the standard 93-96 Fleetwood lace-look style - and they looked HOT!

Bro-Ham
12-24-09, 09:55 PM
Chad and Sting, Would you guys please keep your chat to Cadillacs so Jay won't redirect this thread to the Mazda forum?!?! :)

Stingroo
12-24-09, 09:58 PM
Yeah, a head gasket went, and we got quoted like $2300 to fix it. But we paid $850 for the Olds, so yeah. The 929 still has a good title and all that. Maybe it can become a project for me and dad or something.

And I'm not familiar with the oscillating vents? What exactly are they/do they do? The car's A/C has pretty much been on the fritz for forever, so I never paid attention to the vents. lol

Edit: lol Dave. The 929 is still RWD, it kind of fits. :D

Bro-Ham
12-24-09, 10:05 PM
Was that car an orangish or more of a brownish color? I remember it being a medium brown but I did see it late in the afternoon...

Chad, It was a saddle metallic brown, I seem to remember it was a firemist. We'll need to refer to the color thread... :) Saddle leather. It was sure clean!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-09, 10:22 PM
And I'm not familiar with the oscillating vents? What exactly are they/do they do? The car's A/C has pretty much been on the fritz for forever, so I never paid attention to the vents. lol

Well it was either the 929 or Millenia that had it, maybe both, I don't remember, but there was a button you'd push so that the dash vents would automatically oscillate from side to side, keeping your entire cabin cool.

I remember seeing at the auto show when I was a kid and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.

Chad, It was a saddle metallic brown, I seem to remember it was a firemist. We'll need to refer to the color thread... :) Saddle leather. It was sure clean!

Sweet...a firemist medium brown with saddle leather interior. One of my favorite color combos.

Stingroo
12-24-09, 10:23 PM
Ours doesn't have that. I've seen 626's with it though. Never knew what it was.

Google says they did come with them, (a few sites) so I guess that's another option it lacks.

That actually is pretty cool though. lol

Bro-Ham
12-24-09, 10:31 PM
Chad, Do you remember I offered to let you take the car on an extended test drive since I hardly ever drove that car and you said NO because Papa wouldn't allow it?!?! :)

HUF
12-24-09, 10:58 PM
Fine. Here's one, for a teaser. It's sitting next to the Mazda (RIP).

I'll actually kind of miss that car, in a weird way. It was pretty rev happy, loud, and surprisingly fun to drive IMO. As far as 6-cylinders go, it sounded pretty nice to me. But it was falling apart inside (way too much plastic), and built for midgets (I'm 5'9 and still had to set the seat all the way back and bend my knees too much for my own good. Long trips were not my friend). Ah well. The Olds is a much better car all around, and when my Cadillac runs... :drool:

EDIT: Pic resized.
Nice FWB! Looks like mine! LOL In my opinion, Light Driftwood Metallic and Gey-Blue 1993-1996 FWBs are the best looking ones.

HUF
12-24-09, 11:01 PM

Bro-Ham, a very clean Cadillac. I like the color a lot!

bicentennialcadillac
12-24-09, 11:05 PM
I had an MTS #5 cam waiting under the tree. My wife is awesome.

HUF
12-24-09, 11:06 PM
Chad and Sting, Would you guys please keep your chat to Cadillacs so Jay won't redirect this thread to the Mazda forum?!?! :)
Right. They could call it "the car parked next to the Cadillac" to stay relevant. lol

Warren_R
12-25-09, 05:16 AM

Maybe Santa will bring me a portable carport for my baby :xlol: The sun here isn't so harsh as in FL, but it's still not vinyl top friendly :-/

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-25-09, 07:37 AM
Chad, Do you remember I offered to let you take the car on an extended test drive since I hardly ever drove that car and you said NO because Papa wouldn't allow it?!?! :)

Oh that's right! Yes I do remember that! He didn't like the fact it was an '81 and didn't have any modern safety features.

csbuckn
12-25-09, 10:30 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from mine to yours
about 10 inches so far with another 4-8 inches today. Thick, heavy and slushy, perfect for another snowball fight.

Lazarus_Rooney
12-25-09, 10:36 AM
for xmas i got a garmin gps, and thats great because im taking a road trip in the roadmaster estate to virginia with my friend and he cant navigate his way out of a paper bag. my dad got me a haynes repair book..... for the 86-92 Fleetwood. easy mistake.... were going to return it and try to find the fsm for my 1990 brougham. anyone on here know where i can get one besides ebay?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-25-09, 11:17 AM
were going to return it and try to find the fsm for my 1990 brougham. anyone on here know where i can get one besides ebay?

PJ's Auto Literature is my main source.

http://www.pjsautolit.com/

My best suggestion is that you call them up, their website is rarely updated.

Bro-Ham
12-25-09, 12:37 PM
HUF - thanks! I can't think of many other cars I'd rather roll around in here in the sunshine state other than a giant yellow Cadillac! :)

Warren - I didn't realize you had such an attractive Cadillac! A d'Elegance too??!! Very, very nice!!! I hope Santa drops by with that carport for you. :)

jayoldschool
12-25-09, 12:46 PM
helm.inc (http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r=http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.helminc.com%2F&rct=j&q=helm.inc&ei=S_o0S4f9KNGylAev8byqBw&usg=) is the OE source for FSM publications.

Bro-Ham
12-25-09, 12:48 PM
I had an MTS #5 cam waiting under the tree. My wife is awesome.

Well, that's great! What is it?!?

82CDV
12-25-09, 09:31 PM
Not exactly under the tree but sitting in MI waiting to be picked up is my 1992 one owner, triple medium blue (leather), 5.7 Brougham with wire wheels, 71K miles.

Can’t wait to see it.

bicentennialcadillac
12-26-09, 06:20 PM
Well, that's great! What is it?!?

http://www.500cid.com/

It's a camshaft for a 500 I'm building up.

Bro-Ham
12-26-09, 07:29 PM
Bi, That's a great website! I remember checking them out a few years ago. Back then they advertised the 368 as being part of the family...I notice that engine is now absent! :) I wonder why?!? I'd love to have my engine rebuilt when it wears out and add fuel injection for smoothness. Is Santa listening?!?!? :) Are you going to FI your 500? How hard is it to do? Good luck and have fun with the project! Which engine is the 500 going into? Dave

Bro-Ham
12-26-09, 07:44 PM
Bi, The #5 is great! I'd like to have the #3 for the 22 mpg in my car so I can feel good when I park in those hybrid only parking spots at my school! :)

bicentennialcadillac
12-26-09, 08:57 PM
I plan to put it in the '79. I'll run the carb at first, but down the line a bit I intend to switch it over to a TBI system.

http://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com/index.php?id=23&title=Cadillac+Throttle+Body+Fuel+Injection

outsider
12-28-09, 10:12 AM
my girlfriend got me some cadillac logo valvestem covers :D

HUF
12-28-09, 12:14 PM
my girlfriend got me some cadillac logo valvestem covers :D

Any diamonds in the logos? :)

supercad1
12-28-09, 12:18 PM
I landed a new job and some money to work on my current car.

outsider
12-28-09, 12:26 PM
Any diamonds in the logos? :)

nah, but they came with a keychain that doubles as a little wrench to put them on and take them off...lol

HUF
12-28-09, 12:48 PM
nah, but they came with a keychain that doubles as a little wrench to put them on and take them off...lol

I wish I had such a thoughtful GF! ;)

MT-ED
12-28-09, 06:28 PM
Well.....I bought myself a Digital SLR camera so I can take better photos. Here's a shot taken with the telephoto lens of my car with its chunky snow tires on. The alloys with thin WW's are safely tucked away from winter salt.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/Martin_Thoene/IMG_6479.jpg

Plus today I just got a package from England with a nice black Cadillac logo'd baseball cap.

Martin.

HUF
12-28-09, 06:46 PM
Nice shot! How long were you looking for right background to take pictures of your shiny Cadillac? :D

MT-ED
12-28-09, 07:20 PM
Actually, we were in the cemetary looking to take pictures of birds.

Martin.

HUF
12-28-09, 08:01 PM
Actually, we were in the cemetary looking to take pictures of birds.

Martin.
That explains why you needed a telephoto.