: Hard to believe...

GMX322V S/C
12-24-09, 03:33 PM
...its already been a year since I picked up my '09 last Christmas Eve. What an amazing car. She still captures my full attention when she's on pace--her performance envelope is so vast.

And what caché! Over the past 365 days and just over 11,000 miles, I've still only seen one other '09 CTS-V on the road--and that includes around here in car-crazy southern California, during roads trips to the San Francisco bay area, Sonoma wine country, and up and down the mid-coast part of Pacific Coast Highway. With only 3500 and change out there, I guess it should be no surprise.

Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous, New Year everyone! Be safe!

SlvrBullIT
12-25-09, 07:34 AM
Merry Christmas to you too!!!!

BTW I saw a V parked at city hall in New Braunfels?!?!?!?!? I thought I was special.... apparently not. Kinda weird to find one in a smallish town. Mine is near 6 months old and at 12K miles an been tracked a few times and gives me chills and thrills all the time. Plan on a January Drivers Edge 2 day course to track her some more!!!!! Woooohhooooo

Gary Wells
12-25-09, 10:21 AM
I'm in SoCal also, live in Long Beach, work in Brea, and I have seen quite a few CTS-V,s around, probably as many as 10. However, at least a couple of these are probably ones that I have seen before and forgotten. I'm not too far from Coast Cadillac, so i am sure that some are coming to and going from there. D3 Cadillac, also known as D3 Design & Engineering, I believe, is not too far from Coast Cadillac, so I am sure that a few might be going to and coming from there. Happy Holidays to all.

Karch
12-25-09, 07:59 PM
When and if you guys want to unload your V, let me know. I mistakenly test drove one when I wasn't ready to buy, and I'm hooked.
I was going to try to get the Mrs. to want it for herself, and I drive it on weekends, but she really wants to get what's best for her (I don't blame her).

So, rather than take a beating on my current ride (TBSS), I'll sell my '65 Goat next year for a good used one, but I want Thunder Gray, Navi, no recaros, and no sunroof. But hey, who's picky?

Gary Wells
12-25-09, 10:24 PM
When and if you guys want to unload your V, let me know. I mistakenly test drove one when I wasn't ready to buy, and I'm hooked.
I was going to try to get the Mrs. to want it for herself, and I drive it on weekends, but she really wants to get what's best for her (I don't blame her).

So, rather than take a beating on my current ride (TBSS), I'll sell my '65 Goat next year for a good used one, but I want Thunder Gray, Navi, no recaros, and no sunroof. But hey, who's picky?

I am (picky) (to the point of being anal), so I found on a showroom floor a new, '09 CTS-V, thunder grey, black interior, solid roof, *auto*, Recaros, Nav, and fuzzy *steering wheel* & shifter knob. I would not make any changes if I were to order another one now. I plan on taking mine with me.
Oh, would love to see pics of your '65 goat, too.

GMX322V S/C
12-25-09, 10:39 PM
I am (picky) (to the point of being anal), so I found on a showroom floor a new, '09 CTS-V, thunder grey, black interior, solid roof, *auto*, Recaros, Nav, and fuzzy *steering wheel* & shifter knob. I would not make any changes if I were to order another one now. I plan on taking mine with me.
Oh, would love to see pics of your '65 goat, too.Sounds just like mine Gary. Painted or polished wheels?

Gary Wells
12-25-09, 11:29 PM
Painted, and now that I have gotten use to them, I'm glad that the *car* was optioned that way. If I would have had choices at the time, I probably would have opted for the polished ones. The polished ones scratch very easy, I've noticed. The painted ones might scratch as easy as the polished ones, come to think about it as both are clear coated from the factory, but on the painted ones, you cannot see the scratches. Not a diss on anybody's choice of wheels, just an observation on my part.
I just turned 1300 miles on mine the other day, and mine is just starting to supercharger isolator shuffle. Not too happy about that.

dlin95123
12-26-09, 11:41 PM
Any Cadillac dealers in SoCal that offers great deals like Superior Cadillac? I am in SF Bay area. Thanks.