: Is it possible?

zackl93
12-24-09, 12:27 PM
I've been lurking around here for a while now, and its time I make my first post. My question is, would it be possible to put a zo6 tire on a 2009 cadillac cts-v? I would obviously change the rims and what not, however it seems that the sophisticated suspension is the limiting factor.

Silver -V-
12-24-09, 12:44 PM
Looking at the specs for your Z06 tire, the load ratings are too low for this car. The heavier load rating on the back is only 1400 lbs. You need close to 1700 lbs. or more to be safe.

thebigjimsho
12-24-09, 02:47 PM
Yeah, get tires with the proper load rating. But, besides that, get any tire that fits the V's rims. Although think the tires we have are about the best non-competition tire you can get, since it's the same tire you can get on a Corvette...ZR1...

zackl93
12-24-09, 06:00 PM
Thanks guys, so you would not suggest going wider?

SlvrBullIT
12-25-09, 02:02 AM
I would like to goto to 295 in the back and 265 in the front, what is that a, 10" in the back and a 9.5" in the front? Just wonder if those wheels can be put on the V without screwing up fit, ride, or handling quality. Looking for a tad more grip while on the road course in San Marcos.

wfo
12-25-09, 07:07 PM
Yeah, get tires with the proper load rating. But, besides that, get any tire that fits the V's rims. Although think the tires we have are about the best non-competition tire you can get, since it's the same tire you can get on a Corvette...ZR1...

Totally agree...the best OEM tire out there. IMHO the best warm/moderate weather road tire anywhere.

thebigjimsho
12-26-09, 11:39 AM
I would like to goto to 295 in the back and 265 in the front, what is that a, 10" in the back and a 9.5" in the front? Just wonder if those wheels can be put on the V without screwing up fit, ride, or handling quality. Looking for a tad more grip while on the road course in San Marcos.
The addition in grip would be negligible. You'd be much better off going with a more aggressive tire...