Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Canadian and American Differences....

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pcguy760 
#1 ·
I understand why there are some differences between US and Can vehicles based on law differences (IE Headlight switch, Imperial vs Metric), but some things I just dont understand...if its due to tradition or what. Anywho I thought I would tell you about the differences that I see sitting in my Escalade (came from California) compared to my previous 03 Denali (which was Canadian) perhaps some one has noticed others that I miss.

First off the speedo and gauge cluster are imperial-US and metric-CAN (why dont they do like the corvette and you flick a switch which automatically recalibrates the dial is on the speedo)

#2 The light switch on CAN when turned all the way counter clock wise does absolutely nothing while US it will turn your headlights completly off.

#3 The review mirror uses "Passenger Air Bag ON"-US and CAN uses a picture of a stick man sitting behind a baloon.

#4 REar heat controls on US use Numbers in Feh. while CAN uses red for hot and blue for cold

I know there are others I'm just not thinking of right now, so feel free to ad to my list. If anyone knows why there are these differences I would very interested to know....to me it seems easier/cheaper to make them all the same. Enlighten if you can!

See less See more
#2 ·
My guess would be because in the US, the primary language is English. In other countries, there are different languages (like in Canada, you have English and French) I'd think that the US is the Escalade primary market, and thus had a few extras, where for other countries, to make things more universal across different languages, they use pictures instead of words

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.