Cadillac Owners Forum banner

typhoon 96mm intake manifold

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  ctsv154 
#1 ·
i was just wondering if anyone has any expierence with the typhoon intake manifold, and if its worth to put on my Ls2 ,i have headers full exhaust and CAI and before i get a tune i was wondering if i would see a noticable difference 10-15 wheel i would be happy with any info would be awesome. :bigroll:

#3 ·
^^^ lol

I don't recall anybody using the typhoon intake yet. I know some f body guys that use the 78mm version and I don't think they flow quite as well as an LS6 intake. The LS2 intake, despite having a larger TB, actually flows less then the LS6 as well.I know people like them when running nitrous because you don't have to worry about the burst panels like the fast or even blowing a stock intake apart. The aluminum is much more robust and will stand up to nitrous backfires. Other than that, I think the fast intake is a better choice.

#8 ·
You know i have never seen a Stock intake pop from NOS...I hear rumors the intake tube pop off from the pressure, but thats it...This Typhoon is just a heat sink waitin to happen..Stay composite with a dry/wet plate and call it a night, get it ported for flow and benefit from mid to top end power...

Always think four steps ahead then Mod hell will be more enjoyable...

I had my own issue when i had all my aux coolers wired to be on only with igntion on...Some smart electrician connected the positive on both ends of the relay activation...DUH!!! i spent one hour uninstallin his setup and redoin it my way...Now it is perfect..My WB, Rear Diff Cooler and Transmission cooler all turn on only with Ignition on...Ignition off, they turn off, longer battery life :-D

My next project is the Methanol kit..Gettin the wiring diagrams for that one...Gonna have the RPM IAT and MAP sensors for references to trigger activation. I am only using this kit to cool the ambient temp, nuttin more...I will tune it to be perfect in winter and in summer tweak this kit to keep that same power all year round...My normal ambient temp on a given day of the summer is over 110-120F Add in the heat given from the engine and my IAT is 160-175F* (This temp was logged after four 4th gear pulls on an abandoned Highway at 9pm)

#13 ·
I havent directly toyed with Nos, but i have seen it used and was at the dyno when they tuned for it...MAN its crazy....But i havent seen what you guys have over there...Like i said intake tubes pop off, thats about it...

#19 ·
Two stage nitrous is better for traction and easier on your short block and drivetrain. Use a 50 shot out of the hole and then after the tires hook spray another 100 shot, this should all be activated by rpm window switches. First 50 shot at activates at 3000 rpm and the second 100 shot at 4500 rpm, or close to that. Both shots should shut off just before your rev limiter.

A progressive controller like Skull mentioned is another way of ramping up the amount of nitrous sprayed as rpm's increase. The controller will cycle the solenoids open and close, much like a traditional fuel injector. This makes the nitrous hit softer and easier on your drivetrain/shortblock. The only downside of a progressive controller is the repetitive open and close of the solenoids is hard on them, and can lead to failure.

Check out LS1TECH.com, they have a whole subforum for nitrous where you can read and learn for days.

#21 ·
It would probably run better with the 78 on it lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.