: Chimes Anyone?

K@ddiD@ddi
12-22-09, 12:25 PM
I have a 2000 base deville that I bought about two years ago, when i got it, someone already went through and took out the amp and spliced into the wires coming from the amp to the speakers, and ran wires from there to the aftermarket radio. all of that is no problem, i have gone through and cleaned up all the spaghetti, but now i want my door chimes and other stuff to work. I say other stuff because i dont really know what else is supposed to be working besides the door chimes so if anyone knows what else should be working and or how to get those things working please help me out.

eyekandyboats.inc
12-22-09, 12:30 PM
from a chime stand point.
there is key in door open chime ( fast paces)
door open with head lights on ( slower pace)
door open key "ON" about 3 chimes then ends

single chime when a SES/ trouble light is illuminated.

trunk open chime
turn signal on chime
passger/driver door adjar chime
seatbelt chime

so needless to say there is alot of anoying sounds our cars make.. i would just love to take away the door open chime. it anoys the piss out of me...
hope this helps

K@ddiD@ddi
12-23-09, 07:10 PM
Yeah that helps alot, any idea what controls the chimes? None of mine work, and i would like them to.

N*Caddy
12-23-09, 09:35 PM
If you have a factory amplifier in the back of the rear seat then the chimes are send from the HU (pins F12 and F13) to the amplifier (Pins A12 and B12). Then the amplifier sends the sound to the drivers door speaker (in fact add the sound over). Check first if these wires are OK.
If you have no amplifier then everything is inside the HU, so if you have sound in the driverís speaker then you have chimes.
In any case the HU is the one synthesizing the sound at the request of various modules interconnected on the data line (IPC, PCM, PZM).