: Nitrous on the V?

Gotham CTS-V
12-22-09, 08:17 AM
I have a Nitrous Oxide kit sitting in my garage. It has all the safety gizmos, purge kit, different nozzles, bottle warmer, etc etc. It was custom made for my C6 Z06.

What do you technical guys recommend me to do with this on my car with my current boost levels. See my sig (9.5 pulley installed).

I don't want the motor having any problems but I would also like a little extra hp for a nice cheap budget price.

What do you guys think?

Looney100
12-22-09, 09:01 AM
I've always found that the tech. guys from the nitrous comapnies have been quite helpful, you might give them a call to get their suggestions as to what is safe and which jets to use. You might find that a small shot of nitrus may be good for (briefly) reducing temperatures.

Ross L
12-22-09, 09:05 AM
Nitrous hit=:shocked2:, When others hear you have nitrous=:cynic:
Seriously, I can't even imagine...I bet it would be incredible! I used it on my 94 GT to get it into the low 13's:crying2:
sorry, no help here
Ross

Gotham CTS-V
12-22-09, 09:11 AM
Nitrous hit=:shocked2:, When others hear you have nitrous=:cynic:
Seriously, I can't even imagine...I bet it would be incredible! I used it on my 94 GT to get it into the low 13's:crying2:
sorry, no help here
Ross

A nice shot of spray feels incredible. That torque surge is just undeniable. I never let others know I'm running N2O though. I would purge the lines before showing up to a race.

wait4me
12-22-09, 10:48 AM
For the 250 shot i used last december here is the build sheet.

NX universal Viper dual outlet wet kit.

Black series nitrous progressive controller "P series" from Trick performance. "which is a full nitrous controller including you can set the desired bottle pressures and a ton of other stuff. It also has built in user adjustable safetys including wideband input to shut down if your fuel drops. Activation triggers are also included so no additional hardware was needed for throttle actuation."

Jets used where 51 n20 30fuel jet.

Bottle warmer was a NX controlled with the p gauge.

With that shot the car was dangerously fast. If it would have stopped slipping on the dyno it would have shown over 900hp with the other mods on the car. I think it only showed 850~ before the wheelspeed dropped. On the street was just dumb and useless power.

But this was all back when i was trying to blow up the motor last year.....

Actual part numbers where,
NX-20325-10 for the nitrous kit.
tpp_00019 for the nitrous controller from trick.
744-15940 for the bottle warmer.
KWB4000 for the FJO wideband that plugs right into the trick gauge.
5 wire ntk wideband sensor.

Gotham CTS-V
12-22-09, 12:20 PM
For the 250 shot i used last december here is the build sheet.

NX universal Viper dual outlet wet kit.

Black series nitrous progressive controller "P series" from Trick performance. "which is a full nitrous controller including you can set the desired bottle pressures and a ton of other stuff. It also has built in user adjustable safetys including wideband input to shut down if your fuel drops. Activation triggers are also included so no additional hardware was needed for throttle actuation."

Jets used where 51 n20 30fuel jet.

Bottle warmer was a NX controlled with the p gauge.

With that shot the car was dangerously fast. If it would have stopped slipping on the dyno it would have shown over 900hp with the other mods on the car. I think it only showed 850~ before the wheelspeed dropped. On the street was just dumb and useless power.

Actual part numbers where,
NX-20325-10 for the nitrous kit.
tpp_00019 for the nitrous controller from trick.
744-15940 for the bottle warmer.
KWB4000 for the FJO wideband that plugs right into the trick gauge.
5 wire ntk wideband sensor.
LOL! Wow man, a 250 shot?

Well as you already know, this car is a daily driver and I really would prefer not to blow the motor lol. What do you suggest for my car, Jesse?

wait4me
12-22-09, 01:26 PM
LOL

For a Daily driver, i would recommend the above with 33nitrous jets and 16-18 fuel jets.

That added about 120 hp to the wheels, some 260ft torque

Gotham CTS-V
12-22-09, 01:41 PM
LOL

For a Daily driver, i would recommend the above with 33nitrous jets and 16-18 fuel jets.

That added about 120 hp to the wheels, some 260ft torque

Hm.....thank you very much for the suggestions brother. Good to know I can always pull the trigger if I feel my V is getting slow and boring.

chopmeat
12-22-09, 02:52 PM
I would suggest leaving it on the shelf in the garage!!
KABOOM goes the LSA!!!
Lol

Nutz
12-22-09, 03:08 PM

Video?? :drool: