: KOOKS Headers & Corsa (EXTREME UAE) 531RWHP

EXTM
12-22-09, 08:15 AM
Here is a dyno sheet of kooks and corsa, I have seen a couple of threads asking about how noisy it is, its load if you dont have cats or resonators.

the car does NOT have cold air intake, NO tune, NO pulley, nothing at all beside the headers and the catback with catted mid pipes & resonators

not bad for just that.

Headers are 7000 Dhs. for whoever is interested.

i will post the Stage-2 power package results later on to give you an idea of how much you can get out of the V here in UAE.

531 rwhp and 525rwtq

Comments are welcomed

regards,
Az

asabase
12-22-09, 08:35 AM
Strange the lines aren't crossing at 5250 rpm.

EXTM
12-23-09, 12:18 AM
thanks for the comment.. you might get different readings from dyno to dyno, place to place. we base our findings on a number of bone stock cars and then we get going from there. in many cases, the goal is to see the gain in HP rather than only looking at peak or crossing figures.

i have seen cars with pulleys, tune, cold air intake and even headers made 545 rwhp only, and they are members of this forum. but again, its a matter of total gain at same dyno, same day, same conditions,etc.

with the headers and good exhaust, any CTS-V owner should easly see 30 whp gain.

aceofblitz
12-23-09, 01:04 AM
Hey! stop talking about me like i'm not around. I'm ALWAYS around >:O

EXTM
12-23-09, 01:48 AM
Hey! stop talking about me like i'm not around. I'm ALWAYS around >:O

lol

i bet you will be way better now:stirpot:

asabase
12-23-09, 06:46 AM
The lines HAVE to cross at 5250 rpm. Simple math. If they don't something is fishy.

EXTM
12-23-09, 07:12 AM
The lines HAVE to cross at 5250 rpm. Simple math. If they don't something is fishy.

thanks for the comments.

we are very happy with the gains we get from the KOOKS headers and Corsa catback and thats why we want to pass it to everyone want to install it.

again, this is a solid 30 bonies gain on the CTS-V :thumbsup:

Gary Wells
12-23-09, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the forum & I think that it is great that people living in the UAE have a place to mod & set-up their cars. Neither a diss nor a complaint but only an observation: I notice that the dyno chart does not shownor reflect whether the chart/ dyno run was SAE corrected for ambient conditions and what smoothing factor was used, if any.

wait4me
12-23-09, 08:42 AM
If the lines dont cross at 5250 it is purely because the axis lines arent matching. There is nothing wrong with the dyno graph. If he would put 600 and 600 for the highs on each column then it would have matched at 5250 like you are thinking it should..

As for gains, You have to remember, they are removing ALL of the exhaust including the 18hp loss crimped stock hpipe section.. As for the rest of the gain.. Different dynos show different things...

Welcome to the forum EXTM. :)

wait4me
12-23-09, 08:45 AM
Another thing to note. Smoothing Gary, usually hurts the numbers as they would be lower values. When you dont smooth it shows spikes, which in turn the user could say his car was making the hp of that spike.. The smoothing just averages the lows and highs and makes it more even to a more true result.

There are ALOT more factors to be worrying about besides a 2 or 3 % sae correction or smoothing.. Frictional loss on the dyno due to fluid temps, or even oil temps in the vehicle itself Dramatically effect numbers.. Parisitic loss and actual horsepower lost from the dyno itself mess with you more...

asabase
12-23-09, 10:42 AM
Ah, I see the scales aren't the same now. Generally you don't want to do that (at least in my profession). Doesn't matter as long as you see it, but sometimes people miss it (like me!).

EXTM
12-23-09, 04:33 PM
Jesse,
thanks for the clarification.
Yes we run straight pipes to take off the restrictions in the stock pipes. That's why it's not surprising on the amount of gain the car makes.

Gary,
it's Sae corrected but not smooth, and exactly as Jesse mentioned, you wouldn't be able to spikes or drops or even the knock that u didn't hear. I keep them like this all the time

asabase,
next time I will ensure graph cross each other and say hello too ;p

JTRATX
12-23-09, 06:03 PM
Was this on an auto or manual?

EXTM
12-24-09, 12:50 AM
Was this on an auto or manual?

this one was manual