: Coolant leak now demanding attention

9ine3reefleet
12-21-09, 09:34 PM
Guys, I finally found out (I think) where this leak is coming from whichj has been noticed for at least a month now. It is coming from the bottom passenger side of the motor and I know this because I saw the stream coming up as it was in idle. Like I said for a month now I haven't seen to much leakage but last night was a considerable amount.

After doing a little research, I am led to believe that the leak my be due a freeze plug, since it seems like its coming from up under the engine, what do you guys think?

9ine3reefleet
12-21-09, 11:10 PM
Also, if yal do think its a freeze plug. Is this something I, yes me, can do without pulling the motor. All the videos I saw of replacement, the motor was yanked out. AND:hide: what prices could I expect hear to repair this at a local garage.

Thanks

9ine3reefleet
12-22-09, 08:09 PM
Guys, I finally found out (I think) where this leak is coming from

No I didnt. Today, after parking at the barber shop I popped the hood after seeing the 'smoke' and saw a "steady little skeet" of coolant coming from a hose near the back of the motor, hence the assumption of a freeze plug in the rear. I am so relieved that the plug is not the issue and hope this is my last coolant fix for a while. Two in 3 weeks= 1 too damn many.