: Welcome the newest member of the supercharger isolator death rattle club:

Gary Wells
12-21-09, 08:22 PM
Uh-huh, started just a minute ago when I went to move the car back into the driveway a little. 1230 miles on the car. Can't hear it inside the car yet, probably because I am hard of hearing in one ear and lame in the other one. Can hear it just starting, even with the hood down. Oh snap. Now all I need is for the 26K mile turbo Buick to lunch a head gasket, or one of my pet .45 autos to suck up a squibb load. isn't life grand? I see a little more desire to do Kooks axle back catted headers, stock muffs, 9.5 pulley, tune & tranny tune, & air box mod, just see a little less money to do any of that now. I think that I am in desperate need of a good stiff single malt scotch (Macallan) & soda. Anybody else? There goes my new Wilson Combat .45 that I wanted.

garfin
12-21-09, 09:54 PM
I feel your pain and frustration... but maybe try a hit of Lagavulin instead. Heavy, smokey, very peaty...
That stuff really helps to put things into perspective for me when I'm feeling a bit behind the 8-ball!
Things will get better!

Best regards,

Elie

wait4me
12-21-09, 10:10 PM
The solid issolator gets rid of all the noise. I have yet to hear the "Gear" noise that it supposedly produces inside the vehicle.. Even though that would be better than hearing the tap tap tap noise you get with the spring one... At least a "Gear" noise dont sound broken.....

Gary Wells
12-21-09, 10:17 PM
I feel your pain and frustration... but maybe try a hit of Lagavulin instead. Heavy, smokey, very peaty...
That stuff really helps to put things into perspective for me when I'm feeling a bit behind the 8-ball!
Things will get better!

Best regards,

Elie

Years back a friend of mine used to pick me up a bottle or two of a single malt called Bunnahabbahein, or something very similar to that. Was pricey even 12 years ago or so, very peaty & smokey also. I used to get high just sniffing the empty bottle years after I had drank it. This was only a 12 year old, too, but at least the equal of Macallan 12 or better. I love the cherry wood cask taste & flavor of Macallan, but the taste & flavor of that smokey & peaty Bunnahabbahein was just as great. Long live the really great single malts.

jedhead
12-21-09, 10:47 PM
I recall my father, uncle and family friend invested in scotch by buying the whole cask then reselling it back to the distiller 12 years later for a profit. I don't remember what became of the scotch.

Bob

lavaman
12-22-09, 07:01 PM
Pretty funny Gary,

I opened this thread while enjoying a scotch/rocks after a long day at work. Nothing fancy just a Dewars Special Reserve but it's nice.

BTW I have Jesse's isolator in my car. I installed it myself at 500 mi...now at about 8500 mi. No clicky clack or whine. :thumbsup: I know what was said by GM regarding the spring tensioned isolator... I for one have not experienced what GM suggested.

Doug

thebigjimsho
12-22-09, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure if I have anything like that. But, when I revmatch on downshifts, I don't like the sound of the engine. Don't know what to call the sound, but you can't hear the rumble of the V8 much. I plan to alleviate that with Kooks...

OldRoadDawg
12-22-09, 08:20 PM
I don't like the sound of the engine. Don't know what to call the sound, but you can't hear the rumble of the V8 much. I plan to alleviate that with Kooks...
I e-mailed B&B, inquiring as whether they were putting together any systems for the V2.
Got a response today from Mike Boat:

When we put the design of the 2004-2007 CTS-V exhaust on the 2009 and while the external sound wasn’t bad the internal drone was terrible. Fortunately, we had just developed a radically different internal muffler design for the 2009 paddle shift transmission Corvette, which had a similar problem.

When we put the new design on the CTS-V it was everything we wanted and more. Same classic B&B sound but w/ no interior drone. What it nice also is it gets louder the harder you step on the throttle pedal, so the sound level is some what controlled by your foot.But he didn't provide any further details on what was available or prices, so I requested more info.
I loved the sound & build quality of the B&B on my V1, but I expect that whatever they make for the V2 will be pricey.

thebigjimsho
12-22-09, 10:58 PM
I e-mailed B&B, inquiring as whether they were putting together any systems for the V2.
Got a response today from Mike Boat:

But he didn't provide any further details on what was available or prices, so I requested more info.
I loved the sound & build quality of the B&B on my V1, but I expect that whatever they make for the V2 will be pricey.
Well, I'm going to try Kooks headers with stock exhaust. I don't want to go crazy on this car. A nice, aggressive rumble without going over the top...

Gary Wells
12-23-09, 12:25 PM
Well, I'm going to try Kooks headers with stock exhaust. I don't want to go crazy on this car. A nice, aggressive rumble without going over the top...
Planning on doing the same to mine, Jim, and if I were to run different muffs, the only ones that I would run would be the Corsa touring muffs, and I just don't have the pocket personality to dump that much into an exhaust system. Would be nice though.

thebigjimsho
12-24-09, 01:36 AM
Planning on doing the same to mine, Jim, and if I were to run different muffs, the only ones that I would run would be the Corsa touring muffs, and I just don't have the pocket personality to dump that much into an exhaust system. Would be nice though.
If the headers do the trick, all I'll do is have my local shop put on some beefier tips...

wait, wut?

liqidvenom
12-27-09, 07:34 PM
If the headers do the trick, all I'll do is have my local shop put on some beefier tips...

wait, wut?

ricer table for one your table is now ready.:)

thebigjimsho
12-28-09, 03:03 PM
ricer table for one your table is now ready.:)
HAY U! Get out of my forum... :histeric:

Gary Wells
12-28-09, 09:45 PM
Thanks to James and the crew at D3 Research & Design, or D3 Cadillac as they are sometimes referred to as, this story had a very happy ending and my beloved car is back to normal.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/188352-d3-crew-greatest.html