Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  the-xman 
G
#1 ·
Gents,

I find my Escalade's brakes suck, even with the original rims. Does anyone else have this problem? I had an 2003 Chev crew cab truck that was way better than my 2006 lade. They just seem to require more effort than most, like maybe a weak booster or something. Anyway just wondering if anyone else finds this or if I should look at some troubleshooting.

thanks

#2 ·
Yeah they suck. Just make sure your pads and rotors are in good condition. This is a truck where you don't want to sleep on brake maintenance since we are at a disadvantage already. They make big brake kits that supposedly make a huge difference but they are over $5k for the front and rears.... I wouldn't buy em...

#3 ·
I agree, I have 22 inch wheels with Baer Brakes and I still don't like how the truck stops. I am installing (now as a matter of fact) the 6 piece goodridge lines. I am hoping that will make a bit of difference. Got the front done and will do the rear tomorrow and next day.

#11 ·
I guess huge wasn't the proper word, but not only does it stop much better, but there is no squeaking, and no metallic dust on wheels and body..Overall it was a pretty big deal...Here in the north the metallic on the pads will get all over the body and then the road salt with make it rust, and you will have rust freckles all over the paint, and you will have to get the body wheeled every spring...So, now avoiding that cost, the dirty wheels, and the squeaking even on new pads, plus the noticable stopping improvement, it was well worth it.....Even if none of that mattered, the drilled rotors look cool if you have wheels that show them...

#12 ·
I tried ceramics on my Denali w/22's..twice and both times they glazed so bad the brakes were horrible.I went back to semi's and they went back to normal.Yes, I turned the rotors.

I'm looking for some more bite for my 05 w/22's.I tow a 11k lb on occasion boat so some more bite would be a good thing.

#13 ·
Ceramics glazed twice? You must either ride a LOT of rush hour/bumper to bumper traffic, or you must ride your brakes a LOT! I put ceramic on every vehicle I get, and I'm pretty hard on my brakes (as in pressing from decelerating from a high speed - not from riding), and I've never had a problem.

The amount of difference you feel depends on the vehicle and your braking methods, but I'd honestly like to know what your driving methods are for two sets of ceramic to glaze over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.