: My 2009 CTS-V Dyno

TAGZO
12-20-09, 05:37 PM
I just dyno tuned my car, and I thought of sharing this with all you guys :)
Red color: is 100% stock

Blue color: headers, no cats, 9" crank pulley, Stock moded air box, and dyno tuned. Stock exhaust and pump gas (91 crap gas here) by the way :)

The car is running very low timing as the stock mufflers would not let the car to go higher timing, + our crap 91 pump gas! So max timing was 17 degrees. With good exhaust (corsa, b&b, Magnaflow, etc) I think we would be able to get another 30 - 50 rwhp as the car would take better timing advance.

Let me know what you think?

Ross L
12-20-09, 06:13 PM
525 to the tires:thumbsup:. What boost were you seeing with that combo? IS the 17 degree's of timing all the stock set-up will allow? That seems really low, safe, but low.
Ross

thebigjimsho
12-20-09, 06:36 PM
Do you have video or audio on that exhaust? I'd like to do headers w/ cats and the stock catback. Nice numbers, obviously...

TAGZO
12-21-09, 04:58 PM
525 to the tires:thumbsup:. What boost were you seeing with that combo? IS the 17 degree's of timing all the stock set-up will allow? That seems really low, safe, but low.
Ross
Thanks :) stock timing is very good in my opinion. Since I am running 91 octane, timing is in the 20s stock, I don’t recall exactly. I was seeing about 80 + kpa. If I had better gas it will surly go with better timing. At 15-16 degrees of timing I was 509 rwhp. After going to 17 degrees, I 525 rwhp :D so I am assuming I would get 10 rwhp each 1 degree of timing. Well, maybe not, each car Is different I assume. So, with the same setup, I assume 20 degrees of timing is not a problem :)

BacDoc
12-21-09, 05:02 PM
Auto or 6M?

TAGZO
12-21-09, 05:06 PM
Do you have video or audio on that exhaust? I'd like to do headers w/ cats and the stock catback. Nice numbers, obviously...
I don’t have a video but I will try to make one this week end :) but, without cats, headers, and stock exhaust sounds just right :) I don’t think I can take more exhaust sound, especially on a Cadillac. with Headers, cats, and Corsa I still i think the Corsa will make it loud.

TAGZO
12-21-09, 05:07 PM
Auto or 6M?
Oh! i forgot, it is an Auto.

BacDoc
12-21-09, 05:08 PM
Thanks

thebigjimsho
12-21-09, 07:30 PM
I donít have a video but I will try to make one this week end :) but, without cats, headers, and stock exhaust sounds just right :) I donít think I can take more exhaust sound, especially on a Cadillac. with Headers, cats, and Corsa I still i think the Corsa will make it loud.
It will. I've heard headers w/ the Corsa and it was too loud, IMO. I'd like a little more rumble but not so crazy it ruins the classy image...

Vrocks
12-22-09, 12:55 AM
Nice numbers and mods.

If I remeber right stock is 22 degrees, which is where I'm at with the 9" pulley. I only put sunoco 93 in but I definitely would like to have 2 degrees pulled. With a stock tune, stock airbox and exhaust it put 501 to the wheels. I want to take the same approach that you did i.e. mod and a conservative tune.

TAGZO
12-22-09, 04:33 AM
I might put some race gas, 95-98 octain in the car and see how it will react :) i will post dyno number too. i will not change anything on the tune. It should pick some good amount of extra rwhp!

DrumStix
12-22-09, 10:05 AM
Thanks :) stock timing is very good in my opinion. Since I am running 91 octane, timing is in the 20s stock, I donít recall exactly. I was seeing about 80 + kpa. If I had better gas it will surly go with better timing. At 15-16 degrees of timing I was 509 rwhp. After going to 17 degrees, I 525 rwhp :D so I am assuming I would get 10 rwhp each 1 degree of timing. Well, maybe not, each car Is different I assume. So, with the same setup, I assume 20 degrees of timing is not a problem :)

You are pretty much right on that. A lot of these small block blower cars will see 10 RWHP for each degree of timing. Stock, the auto has about 19 to 1.95 degrees. I've bumped it to about 21 with 93 octane and it could go higher. This is with the stock pulley.

DrumStix
12-22-09, 10:06 AM
Nice numbers and mods.

If I remeber right stock is 22 degrees, which is where I'm at with the 9" pulley. I only put sunoco 93 in but I definitely would like to have 2 degrees pulled. With a stock tune, stock airbox and exhaust it put 501 to the wheels. I want to take the same approach that you did i.e. mod and a conservative tune.

If you are not getting any KR, 22 is fine. NA engines are above 32.