: Indianapolis Area Catera Mechanic

Leon3
12-19-09, 09:24 PM
Anyone in the indy area willing to tackle my catera issues

AHazzardToAll
12-19-09, 10:02 PM
I'm near indy. Which issues are you having?

Leon3
12-20-09, 03:44 AM
I have a valve cover leak which I am going to try to tackle i think. But also have coolant coming from the front of the engine on the drivers side( drips on the ground ). is that the oilcooler symptom. my recovery tank has no oil in it.

Thanks in advance

R-Caddy
12-20-09, 02:11 PM
Check your thermostat and water pump

Leon3
12-20-09, 02:53 PM
I am winging it here...In the process of taking the plenem off right now, I guess i'll get a better look once all is taken apart, a step by step would be great. I have suspected the thermostat but i want to do all I can when I get all this apart, thank u for your reply.

AHazzardToAll
12-21-09, 12:33 AM
You might as well do your oil cooler while you're in there even if that's not your problem. It's a fairly cheap part, you're already doing half the work, and it'll save you a huge headache in the future. Also have you considered replacing the cat valve cover with the Saturn ones? I can give you a few pointers if you need an extra hand. I've done them before. They're not too hard and i have the shop manuals to make sure nothing is forgotten. also make sure your tubes are clean or you'll have the problem re-surface in the near future.

Leon3
12-23-09, 01:10 PM
I did't know that replacing the covers was an option. I think I am going to go with what I have though. Visually from the top the cooler looks to be okay. I have the car broken down to get to the thermostat, I am going to do the water pump also. I will do the cleaning on the breather system on the plenem. I did replace the HCV.
I didn't have the symotons of oil in my cooling system so I'll hold of on the oil-cooler.

Thanks for all replys.

Leon3
12-27-09, 07:26 AM
Give me a call hazzard 9196203