: I finally found something I can't beat with my V

zevee
12-19-09, 09:33 PM
2 feet of snow :bouncy:http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bouncy.gif

zr1vet
12-19-09, 10:01 PM
I hear ya. Looks like my V will be a garage queen for quite some time :(

proexpert
12-20-09, 12:50 PM
Do you think the V series will ever offer AWD like the base sedan? I know it's a performance sedan, but many of us live in the snowbelt.

Short-Throw
12-20-09, 01:53 PM
2 feet of snow.

Nonsense!

Here's a repeat pic from my car last year.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/3115160438_3aebec1441_o.jpg

mugatu22
12-21-09, 01:13 AM
God I love Southern California. Screw that freezing cold, wet white stuff. :tisk:

neuronbob
12-21-09, 08:53 AM
Can't agree enough with Short-Throw.

Those of you garage-queening your Vs for the winter are missing all the fun. :) As long as you don't overdo the throttle, this car is drivable except in the worst conditions (which you guys on the East Coast just got....missed NE Ohio by a hair this time. ;) )

Z06ified
12-21-09, 10:27 AM
Can't agree enough with Short-Throw.

Those of you garage-queening your Vs for the winter are missing all the fun. :) As long as you don't overdo the throttle, this car is drivable except in the worst conditions (which you guys on the East Coast just got....missed NE Ohio by a hair this time. ;) )

With snow tires, yes. The car is not driveable in the snow with the Michelin PS2s, or any other summer tire for that matter.

jvp
12-21-09, 10:45 AM
Nonsense!

With all due respect Mike, the OP did say, "2 feet of snow". :-) We have about 2ft here in VA, and the V just doesn't have the ground clearance for it. Even with the good Sottos on it, it won't go anywhere if it high-centers itself.

jas

wait4me
12-21-09, 12:23 PM
LOL with 2 ft of snow, i would have to start offering a snow plow attachement for the front of that thing instead of a heat exchanger upgrade.

neuronbob
12-21-09, 01:01 PM
LOL with 2 ft of snow, i would have to start offering a snow plow attachement for the front of that thing instead of a heat exchanger upgrade.

LOL, I'm in! I'd attach it where a hidden front plate holder would go. :D j/k

OldRoadDawg
12-21-09, 04:03 PM
:nono: Tain't about drivability, IMO. Living in the mountains of PA, I have a few years experience driving in what Ma Nature throws out there during the winter months.... and the countermeasures we are subjected to by PennDOT.

Earlier today I was surrounded in my Camry by tri-axle coal haulers slinging a mix of salt laden, dirty, melted snow and the small crushed rock that the highway crews put down. I could hear that stuff pinging off of the windshield and roof.
By April... the windshield will look like a shower door and the undercarriage/engine compartment will be caked in a salty crust, not to mention what that stuff is doing inside door panels and fender cavities. All the X-Pel in the world won't help. And I have some photos of what the salt did to some aluminum wheels I had for my V1. Nasty.

And how do I wash all that road crud off of my V every week or so, in 20 degree weather? At a car wash? Not my V!

Plus, even if I was trained in snow/ice racing, there is still some other idiot who will slide into you. :banghead:
This is a very busy time for local body shops, but at least parts are readily available for a Camry. Not so much for a CTS-V.

So why subject my $69K car to that? I just buy some utilitarian car, drive it for 2 yrs and trade it. Come April... I'll roll the pristine beast out of the garage and enjoy its full potential on the PS2s.

Also... Blizzaks are a lot cheaper for a Camry than Sottozero's are for a V.
My $.02, FWIW.

(sigh)... One of these days I'll make it back to SoCalif and leave this suck weather. :crybaby:

Krug Ford
12-21-09, 04:35 PM
yea I know the feeling.

Thank god we don't have any to move this year outside when it snows.

I keep most indoors.

neuronbob
12-21-09, 05:04 PM
And how do I wash all that road crud off of my V every week or so, in 20 degree weather? At a car wash? Not my V!

Good points all, but this one I'll answer:

Garage, space heater, nice warm inside water source.

I washed OUTSIDE with some Z7 two weeks ago when it was in the 30's outside. When the weather lets up again, I'll be doing the same. :bonkers:

Yes, I baby my V that much and yes, I've lived in Cleveland so long that I think 20-degree weather is positively balmy during the winter. :D I'm not the only nutty Clevelander who does this.

Short-Throw
12-21-09, 08:48 PM
With all due respect Mike, the OP did say, "2 feet of snow". :-) We have about 2ft here in VA, and the V just doesn't have the ground clearance for it. Even with the good Sottos on it, it won't go anywhere if it high-centers itself.

jas

Another one dug up from the archives!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3243/3130482639_e5f1bd270c_o.jpg

On the serious side, two feet of snow would actually pose an issue even for my dually. Mother Nature constantly reminds us of how little we are! :eek:

Be safe out there gang!

Mike