: Engine Installer or Head Gasket Repair in NY, CT, NJ, MA?

abs
12-19-09, 06:42 PM
I posted in the Deville forum but only got a few responses, hoping to have better feedback in here. I've got a blown head gasket on my '99 and I need to have either Norm's Inserts or Jake's Studs installed.

I'm consider two options:

1. Send a low mileage recycled engine to Jake for studs and then install locally

or

2. Find a local shop that has experience working on these engines/Cadillacs and can install either the studs or the Norms inserts.

I live in SW Connecticut and would like to find a reputable mechanic in the general area.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

97EldoCoupe
12-19-09, 07:01 PM
Nemesis Motorsports - www.nemesismustang.com. These guys have studded one or two engines with my studs (somewhere in these forums the photos were posted of their work) and they're installing a remanufactured engine from us into a customer's car.

These guys don't fool around, they know what they're doing.

Hope this helps. Tell them Jake sent you from Northstar Performance, I believe he has a set of my studs in stock ready to go.

The shop is located in Boston, MA - no more than about 3 hours away from you. They're part of the INNRS network I'm setting up.

97EldoCoupe
12-19-09, 07:08 PM
I have done it in the past for a customer where they ship me the engine, I will do the HG's, studs, and bottom end seals (crank end seals, oil pan, re-seal block halves) for $1000 USD including parts, and I ship the engine back to you. Just keep in mind that shipping costs run about another grand to/from so $2000 is about what it winds up costing on average, + your cost to remove/reinstall. The $1000 quoted price is based on your engine being in sound condition other than gaskets. Most of them are if they've been treated well.

abs
12-19-09, 07:12 PM
Hi Jake -

Please check you PM. You just answered one of my questions (saw after the PM), but there is yet another. Thanks for the quick responses.

Andrew

97EldoCoupe
12-19-09, 07:14 PM
Come out to Canada - 9 hours drive, two days vacation, and $2200. 5 year / 100,000 mile warranty against HG's blowing again. Have us do the job.

We have pulled it off in 26 hours flat start to finish, but after going without sleep that long I felt like a zombie.... I prefer two days start to finish if possible.

97EldoCoupe
12-19-09, 07:14 PM
Doing that now abs...

Speedingpenguin
12-20-09, 10:35 PM
Nemesis Motorsports! They're in Wakefield MA (Right outside of Boston), they're putting a rebuilt engine from Jake in my Eldo right now, they've been great as far as getting the work done quickly (had to wait for some parts so it's taken a little longer than expected, but it should be good to go tomorrow they said!) and keeping me updated on everything they're doing, what they've found, what they recommend fixing, and what they recommend leaving alone. They've been working on a LOT of Northstar Caddy's and know these engines VERY well.
781-844-9742 give them a call!

abs
12-22-09, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the recommendations, I've reached out to nemesismotorsports.

Andrew

97EldoCoupe
12-22-09, 11:32 AM
Andrew- I haven't forgotten about you - my PM box is full again - info@northstarperformance.com please/thanks

Super busy today but later I'll reply....

abs
12-22-09, 10:17 PM
Thanks Jake - I'm still working on options too. I'll e-mail you directly. Regards, Andrew.

zr1mark
12-29-09, 02:52 PM
Nemesis Motorsports! They're in Wakefield MA (Right outside of Boston), they're putting a rebuilt engine from Jake in my Eldo right now, they've been great as far as getting the work done quickly (had to wait for some parts so it's taken a little longer than expected, but it should be good to go tomorrow they said!) and keeping me updated on everything they're doing, what they've found, what they recommend fixing, and what they recommend leaving alone. They've been working on a LOT of Northstar Caddy's and know these engines VERY well.
781-844-9742 give them a call!

I find them in Walpole Mass. not Wakefield......Which is correct ?

Thanks,
Mark B.

Speedingpenguin
12-30-09, 01:50 AM
I find them in Walpole Mass. not Wakefield......Which is correct ?

Thanks,
Mark B.

They recently moved to Wakefield, just a couple of weeks before I brought my car there.
Tell them Chris referred you, they're great guys to work with and can get it done QUICKLY as long as you have the parts ready.