: '09 V Manual Stock Dyno Numbers!

TrevorD
12-18-09, 07:16 PM
I decided to strap the V down on the rollers this evening. It's a six-speed manual with 940 miles on the odometer. I'm not sure how accurate the factory boost guage is, but it shows right at 8 psi if it's decent with its readings.

I was pleased with the results considering the low mileage and bone-stock trim. A 9.55" pulley and W4M heat exchanger is on its way. It will be after the first of the year before I have anytime to get it on a lift and get the parts installed. You can bet I'll post another graph when it gets its first round of mods. :)

Trevor

http://www.precisionracecomponents.com/CTSVStock.jpg

Nine Ball
12-18-09, 08:35 PM
Looks about right to me. Seems manuals put down 490-500 rwhp, automatics 465-475. Had a chance to drive it on dry pavement yet Trevor?

TrevorD
12-18-09, 09:21 PM
Oh yeah, I've been driving it a lot on dry pavement. :) I had the car 90-degrees sideways coming out of a corner with the TCS off. I had to clean the seats after that one. Needless to say, I was not expecting it to come out as strong as it did. The back-end came around quickly. It should be ridiculous with more boost. I'm not in any hurry to build a motor, but it would be a BLAST with forged pistons and rods. :)

How much boost does your factory boost gauge read at sea-level? I'm at 3,300', so I figure I'm down a pound or so from the altitude change.

Trevor

backup
12-19-09, 10:23 AM
Very similar to mine as well. Seems to be consistent for stock manual trans.

Krug Ford
12-19-09, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah, I've been driving it a lot on dry pavement. :) I had the car 90-degrees sideways coming out of a corner with the TCS off. I had to clean the seats after that one. Needless to say, I was not expecting it to come out as strong as it did. The back-end came around quickly. It should be ridiculous with more boost. I'm not in any hurry to build a motor, but it would be a BLAST with forged pistons and rods. :)

How much boost does your factory boost gauge read at sea-level? I'm at 3,300', so I figure I'm down a pound or so from the altitude change.

Trevor

I am glad you are enjoying your car

GM-4-LIFE
12-19-09, 10:39 AM
Trevor,

Nice numbers! I was thinking of doing a baseline dyno run on mine now that I just hit 10,000 miles and the engine feels like it has opened up nicely. Your car should open up with more miles. The LSA feels extremely "tight" until you get a few thousand miles on it.

SG

TrevorD
12-19-09, 12:32 PM
I'm glad to see my numbers are in line. I have no doubt that it will make a few more HP with more miles.

Scott - It's one of the best cars I've owned. Nothing else will make this kind of power for this price and still give you the luxury amenities. I've been through a LOT of cars to find what I like/don't like. This car has it all. I'm getting ready to sign up for the Big Bend Open Road Race coming up in late March/early April. They'll limit me to the 110 MPH class for the first year, but it'll still be fun to do once. :)

Nine Ball
12-21-09, 02:44 PM
Trevor, come down and race at Texas World Speedway (College Station, TX) for an instruction weekend. No speed limits here!

My factory boost gauge reads somewhere between 10-12 psi. I don't think it is accurate.

Krug Ford
12-21-09, 03:19 PM
I'm glad to see my numbers are in line. I have no doubt that it will make a few more HP with more miles.

Scott - It's one of the best cars I've owned. Nothing else will make this kind of power for this price and still give you the luxury amenities. I've been through a LOT of cars to find what I like/don't like. This car has it all. I'm getting ready to sign up for the Big Bend Open Road Race coming up in late March/early April. They'll limit me to the 110 MPH class for the first year, but it'll still be fun to do once. :)

So did Kris get back from Iraq? I have not heard from him

Luna.
12-21-09, 04:32 PM
Am I reading that right?

Basically 500rwhp/500rwtq 100% stock?

Good Lord...

:jawdrop:

TrevorD
12-22-09, 08:37 AM
I believe Kris was supposed to get back to the states today. I'm sure we'll see a post from him with kid-in-a-candy-store excitement!

Yeah, a bone stock Caddy puts out 500 RWHP! Who would've seen that coming 10 years ago? I definitely would've never made the call that my favorite car at the age of 32 is a Caddy!

Krug Ford
12-22-09, 09:23 AM
I am sure he will like it

Luna.
12-22-09, 12:45 PM
Yeah, a bone stock Caddy puts out 500 RWHP! Who would've seen that coming 10 years ago? I definitely would've never made the call that my favorite car at the age of 32 is a Caddy!

If memory serves, that's the 2nd highest stock numbers I've ever seen. Gotta love the Vs on steroids from the factory. :cool2:

dvandentop
12-22-09, 01:38 PM
the guys down in mexico must toss some hot tamales in some of the motors!

damn 500 rwhp from factory cant beat that

richeic77
12-22-09, 02:25 PM
I'm back, but had a SNAFU getting internet set-up in the house. I'm online now.

Nice Numbers Trevor. Can't wait to get into mine. I fly into Chicago today so I doubt I'll be able to drive it tonight, but tomorrow for sure. Just not sure what the weather will look like tomorrow. It's been crappy in Chicago. Only 1 week and I'll be back in Texas with the car so I'll get some better impressions then.

Krug Ford
12-22-09, 04:06 PM
I'm back, but had a SNAFU getting internet set-up in the house. I'm online now.

Nice Numbers Trevor. Can't wait to get into mine. I fly into Chicago today so I doubt I'll be able to drive it tonight, but tomorrow for sure. Just not sure what the weather will look like tomorrow. It's been crappy in Chicago. Only 1 week and I'll be back in Texas with the car so I'll get some better impressions then.

At Least you can see it now in person

EXTM
12-23-09, 12:38 AM
TrevorD,
that is very close to the numbers i get here on my dyno too for manual tranny. Congrat on it. and i bet you will be happy with things you are getting from jesse.
good luck

richeic77
12-23-09, 11:39 AM
At Least you can see it now in person

Too True Only about 45-1 hour and I'll see it in person and drive it too!! CAn't wait.

Krug Ford
12-23-09, 12:22 PM
Too True Only about 45-1 hour and I'll see it in person and drive it too!! CAn't wait.

Give me a call when you see it in person.