: new W4M full exhaust with flow thru muffler

zr1vet
12-18-09, 09:03 AM
Just installed W4M full exhaust with Jesse's new flow through muffler. I think it's not as loud as the headers with Corsas but it has a deeper tone.

Sorry for the amateur camera ops but at least you'll get an idea of the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSVICS6UU1w

AZstar
12-18-09, 09:08 AM
That sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

cbloveday
12-18-09, 09:14 AM
Nice & congrats
Jess does great work.

2k9RedV
12-18-09, 09:56 AM
WOW, that sounds really nice, have you noticed any drone? How does it sound on the inside and on the highway?
Thanks

Krug Ford
12-18-09, 10:42 AM
anything sounds better than stock ..

thunder gray
12-18-09, 11:53 AM
Very nice, how about the drone issue, also did you install yourself?

dvandentop
12-18-09, 12:14 PM
sounds pretty nice

zr1vet
12-18-09, 01:24 PM
Jesse installed it. As with everything in life there's a trade off... drone or listen to the wife? Er, I mean, there is some drone at 2200 rpm but I'm pretty certain the Dynamat trunk kit will take care of that.
Highway sound isn't too loud and when standing outside car at idle you must raise your voice to talk to a person standing on the other side of the car. Definitely not stock, but much better.

DrumStix
12-19-09, 09:44 AM
Now center those tips...:thumbsup:

Titaniumseeker
12-21-09, 07:12 PM
Very Nice Tone :thumbsup:

DrumStix
12-22-09, 09:07 AM
Dyno numbers?

09BlackV
12-22-09, 09:26 AM
nice, Did you get ant hp gains? notice any difference? Mind telling the ballpark price?

zr1vet
12-22-09, 12:37 PM
I haven't put it on a dyno yet. I don't take it to the track or the strip and only drive it for pleasure. I like to rapidly separate from traffic congestion, so to me dyno numbers don't mean a lot. Especially when certain dynos read higher than others; so if I were to compare #s is it truly an accurate comparison?
Jesse says the rwhp gain is approx 18. I'm not certain on the current price, because the muffler is a new creation and just yesterday he mentioned special Christmas pricing.
If you're thinking of more hp and a louder growl for your beast then the W4M full exhaust is something I'd recommend.

neuronbob
12-22-09, 01:11 PM
That sounds GREAT! Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear there's a drone, though...

wait4me
12-22-09, 01:28 PM
The price is $1000 for the kit including the muffler and trueflow X pipe. Im putting in the muffler for free for everyone on this site on all new kits unless they want a non muffler kit. :)

As for drone, it is the same as with any aftermarket kit, It isnt much of a drone, just exhaust tone. :)

Mikevette
12-22-09, 05:37 PM
Jess

Is this exhaust a DIY system for us shade tree mechanic's? Is there some cutting required to remove the stock system off? Our stock muffs are welded to the stock exhaust pipes, can the stock system be removed without cutting it? Does your system require removal of the cats and bolt up the the stock manifolds? I'll try and find your video to see if this system is what i want.

Thanks for beeing our V gearhead, happy holidays

Mike P. :thumbsup:

09BlackV
12-22-09, 07:02 PM
thanks, What does the install entail (cutting, welding)? What is the phone # to your shop?

How would you compare this to the Corsa touring setup? Thanks again Jesse

wait4me
12-22-09, 10:05 PM
No cutting involved.

It is a simple install.

You just have to remove your stock one all in one piece, and this replaces the whole thing from the cats back. It is all 3 inch. Stock is 2.5 As with most aftermarket kits.. Mine is all 3inch with 4 inch tips.

09BlackV
12-23-09, 09:40 AM
No cutting involved.

It is a simple install.

You just have to remove your stock one all in one piece, and this replaces the whole thing from the cats back. It is all 3 inch. Stock is 2.5 As with most aftermarket kits.. Mine is all 3inch with 4 inch tips.

What is the phone # to your shop?
How would you compare this to the Corsa touring setup?

Thanks again Jesse

Montag84
12-23-09, 12:31 PM
What is the phone # to your shop?
How would you compare this to the Corsa touring setup?

Thanks again Jesse

Its right in his signature --> 574-267-3630

I think it defaults your account to hide signatures, just go in and edit your options to set it to show sigs