: Somebody Please Help me!!!!

dbird35
12-18-09, 08:47 AM
I have a 1968 Deville (472) and I just purchased the front disk brake system from a guy who had a 1969 deville. I took everything from the spindle out plus the poportional valve...My question is do I need to install the poportional and change my brake lines or can I run the same brake lines that was used for the drums and not install the poportional valve? And If I have to change the brake lines is there a place that sells the brake line pre bent......Somebody Plase Help!!!!

tripowerbird
12-18-09, 08:26 PM
You need to install the proportioning valve. If I remember correctly you'll experience rear brake lockup every time you use the brakes. The valve limits pressure to the rear until a certain pressure is reached.

carnut
12-21-09, 05:15 PM
You also need the master cylinder. A disc brake master cylinder has a check valve within it to keep the pads close to the rotor anticipating the next application. And I wouldn't use anything but a rebuit or new master cylinder! Your lines, hoses should work fine assuming threaded fittings are the same. I would also get new flex hoses for the calipers to make sure they clear the tires and steering linkage.