: Cig. Lighter/Phone Charger

david_gabriel15
12-17-09, 07:46 PM
I've had this issue ever since I first got my catera, my phone charger doesn't fit in either the front or back cigarette lighter outlets. I know it's not my charger because it isn't the only one I have used. I've searched and didn't find anybody else mentioning having this problem. My cigarette lighter does work so it's not the fuse either.

Anybody else have this problem? What's the deal with it and how can I fix it?

All the best,
David

elvin315
12-18-09, 03:44 PM
I've had this issue ever since I first got my catera, my phone charger doesn't fit in either the front or back cigarette lighter outlets. I know it's not my charger because it isn't the only one I have used. I've searched and didn't find anybody else mentioning having this problem. My cigarette lighter does work so it's not the fuse either.

Anybody else have this problem? What's the deal with it and how can I fix it?

All the best,
David

All my 12V plugs fit all 3 sockets. Standard cigarette lighter style plugs. My cellphone is a Motorola if that helps. My GPS is a Magellan. My Radar/Lidar Detector is a Beltronics.

Is the problem that the charger plug won't fit? Too fat? Too long? Does it pop out? Is it too loose? Or does it fit physically but doesn't charge? Some plugs contain an internal fuse. Try unscrewing the tip. There might be a blown mini fuse in there.

david_gabriel15
12-18-09, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the reply.
My phone is also a Motorola, and I've also tried different phone model chargers and it's the same thing. What happens when i plug it in is that it goes all the way in, then it just comes back out. It's like it's not locking in.
I'll try unscrewing it later, right now it's storming. But everybody keep the comments coming.
thanks,
David