: It's Not That Hard To Park A Big Car!

Fleet
12-17-09, 07:40 PM
Recently, I've been parking my '76 Limousine in the garage along with my '69 Fleetwood Brougham.

I back it in because sometimes I like to relax in the back seat and watch view of the outside.

Because of some broken concrete, I have to back it in at an angle, then straighten it out. It sounds harder than it is and sometimes I laugh at people who think it's hard to drive and park big cars. I've seen some people struggle to parallel park a small Toyota!

So, I made a youtube video showing my limo backing into the garage and parking... on the first try. I can usually do it on the first try.

Here is the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jvkCofiyO8

77CDV
12-17-09, 07:55 PM
You must have an exceptionally long and wide garage! How on earth can you get in and out of the cars parked side-by-side like that?

sven914
12-17-09, 08:05 PM
Nice... I'm starting to get interested in the series Seventy-five, and the '74-'76 body styles are my favorite. Could you post some still photos (I know you have 3 in your album, but I can't see them [don't know if anyone else is having problems with their photo albums]) or mabey another video?

Fleet
12-17-09, 08:30 PM
You must have an exceptionally long and wide garage! How on earth can you get in and out of the cars parked side-by-side like that?
The garage is 22 feet long and the limo is a fraction over 21 feet long.

And, fortunately, the garage is wide enough for two cars... if there is nothing else in there like a work bench.

Fleet
12-17-09, 08:33 PM
Nice... I'm starting to get interested in the series Seventy-five, and the '74-'76 body styles are my favorite. Could you post some still photos (I know you have 3 in your album, but I can't see them [don't know if anyone else is having problems with their photo albums]) or mabey another video?
Try this video for a detailed exterior/interior view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr62XWj-FZg

sven914
12-17-09, 10:02 PM
^Thank you... Car's beautiful

And 21 feet long isn't too bad, the Series 60 was 19.6 feet long for that year. The 80's RWD's were 18.5 feet.

Fleet
12-17-09, 10:10 PM
^Thank you... Car's beautiful

And 21 feet long isn't too bad, the Series 60 was 19.6 feet long for that year. The 80's RWD's were 18.5 feet.
Glad you like the video. I will probably make another one showing a more detailed view.

77CDV
12-18-09, 01:20 AM
How come I never see you at the All-GM in Van Nuys?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-18-09, 01:37 AM
I love how as you are backing up the exhaust is blowing leaves out of the way. :cool2:

How on earth can you get in and out of the cars parked side-by-side like that?

Its easier on his car than it is on my Lincoln, I can guarantee you that. The doors on the Lincoln are huge and require a lot of space to open. I have to park as far to the right as possible and my Mom has to park far to the left or I can't get out of my car. The right side mirror of my car winds coming within an inch of the garage door opening as I pull in.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/Saber2580/My%20Cars/IMG_0814.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/Saber2580/My%20Cars/IMG_0816.jpg

Fleet
12-18-09, 05:36 AM
How come I never see you at the All-GM in Van Nuys?
I've been there every year except this year. When I was there two years ago, I brought my '69 Fleetwood Brougham.

Fleet
12-18-09, 05:38 AM
I love how as you are backing up the exhaust is blowing leaves out of the way. :cool2:

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

Its easier on his car than it is on my Lincoln, I can guarantee you that. The doors on the Lincoln are huge and require a lot of space to open. I have to park as far to the right as possible and my Mom has to park far to the left or I can't get out of my car. The right side mirror of my car winds coming within an inch of the garage door opening as I pull in.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/Saber2580/My%20Cars/IMG_0814.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/Saber2580/My%20Cars/IMG_0816.jpg

That does look like a tight space. Especially, as you said, where the mirror is.

bicentennialcadillac
12-18-09, 07:26 AM
Awesome car, awesome garage.

robb257731
12-18-09, 09:53 AM
Wow....beautiful car!
What is that white car in the driveway? It's really cool!

outsider
12-18-09, 10:15 AM
my '87 is a little over 18 feet long I think and i find it easier to back into parking spaces

Bro-Ham
12-18-09, 12:10 PM
A truly awesome Cadillac from the good ol' days! :) I love the Limousine with the formal black leather in the front and the divider window. As it should be! I had a 78 standard non-divider Fleetwood Limousine and I loved it, only had 29k miles, and I wish I still had it. Seeing these giant factory limos is soooo cool and thanks for sharing the videos! :) :) :)

sven914
12-18-09, 03:02 PM
my '87 is a little over 18 feet long I think and i find it easier to back into parking spaces

221 inches of pure American Luxury.

These big cars are surprisingly agile. I can do anything with my Brougham, but I can't even get my 06 Impala to go backwards in a straight line.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-18-09, 03:37 PM

:yeah: I grew up driving enormously long trucks and it is easier for me to back into a spot than to pull in, even in a small car.

Aron9000
12-19-09, 12:09 AM
Reminds me of my old garage where I had to park my Brougham. The car was 221", the garage from the wall to the latch that stuck out on the garage door was 224". I was thinking about getting a 93-96 Fleetwood until I measured the garage and realised I was about 1" short of having enough room.

After running into the wall several times(didn't damage the massive chrome bumper) and mucking up the drywall, I hung a tennis ball from a string attached to the ceiling. As soon as the windshield hit the tennis ball, I knew I was all the way in.

Fleet
12-20-09, 02:17 AM
Wow....beautiful car!
What is that white car in the driveway? It's really cool!
That car you see in the driveway is my light yellow '66 Plymouth Fury VIP. It has the big-block 383-4 bbl engine and the car has 89,000 miles.

I made a few videos of that car, too.

Fleet
12-20-09, 02:19 AM
A truly awesome Cadillac from the good ol' days! :) I love the Limousine with the formal black leather in the front and the divider window. As it should be! I had a 78 standard non-divider Fleetwood Limousine and I loved it, only had 29k miles, and I wish I still had it. Seeing these giant factory limos is soooo cool and thanks for sharing the videos! :) :) :)
Glad you like the limo. They are unique, that is for sure.
Too bad you could not keep your limo... I think as many as possible should be preserved.