: New Bridgestone All Seasons

csf
12-17-09, 05:06 PM
Today I had a set of Bridgestone RE960 Potenza Pole Position All Season tires put one in the stock sizes. Got them at TIre Rack - just a little less than expensive than the Michelins and a little more than the Continentals DWS's. Only have about 50 miles on them, but MAJOR improvement over the OEM Pirellis. They are very quiet, stable with no shudder, shake or tramline, and they handled a 35 mph exit ramp at 60 with not a squeal. I am very pleased so far - may rain or snow this weekend so I can check them out further then.

silverws6ta
12-17-09, 07:02 PM
- may rain or snow this weekend so I can check them out further then.

Where you stays' -- hehehe

Just curious because here in Upstate SC we are slated for a little fan fair here as well...

Florian
12-18-09, 08:54 PM
theyre new, what do you expect....check back in 15K miles.

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-19-09, 12:43 AM
15k? They'll be bald. Or at least if I were using them they would be

csf
12-19-09, 11:43 AM
theyre new, what do you expect....check back in 15K miles.

F

You guys are rough. I was really comparing my new Bridgestones to the Pirelli runflats that came on the car - which rode so badly I almost didn't buy the car until I found out it was the tires and not the suspension.. (I've already thrown them away even though they were still useable). Now the car rides and handles like I hoped it would. I can only hope its the same in 15,000 miles.

csf
12-19-09, 11:46 AM
Where you stays' -- hehehe

Just curious because here in Upstate SC we are slated for a little fan fair here as well...

I'm in Baltimore - we're getting 20-30 inches today - I think I'll try the new tires out another day.

jedhead
12-19-09, 04:04 PM
I installed my new Continental tires this morning. I like them much better so far. I just drove a short distance to the dealer because I was getting stability system and brake system errors. They told me the wheel hub is shot. I am driving a SRX now. I asked if I could have a CTS-V for a loaner since I was leaving a STS-V. The dealership laughed. I thought it was worth a try. I will get a better feel for the new tires once I get the car back.

Bob

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-19-09, 10:31 PM
You guys are rough. I was really comparing my new Bridgestones to the Pirelli runflats that came on the car - which rode so badly I almost didn't buy the car until I found out it was the tires and not the suspension.. (I've already thrown them away even though they were still useable). Now the car rides and handles like I hoped it would. I can only hope its the same in 15,000 miles.It's all good. We are looking for the half way point update and wear bars point update. This will tell us how loud they get and how the ride quality changes.... We understand the runcraps were trash tires out of the gate.:thumbsup:

My T1-R's were quiet from day one with great traction and getting even better traction as I hit the wear bars. Even in 35 deg weather. Road noise is minimal even past the wear bars. This is on a -1 inch Outside diameter set all the way around. next set will be stock T1-R sizes,