: STS -->> STS-V Posers

silverws6ta
12-16-09, 09:46 PM
Gents,

This is popping up every couple of days now -- getting kind of aggravated with it; I remember with WS6 / SS cars back in the day you at *least* had to have a VIN to order specific parts for those cars..

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2010/187453-2-questions-if-anyone-can-help.html#post2092907

Florian
12-17-09, 11:15 AM
gave him an earful.

F

Berger 93
12-17-09, 11:17 AM
Immitation is the greatest form of flattery . . . .

jedhead
12-17-09, 12:35 PM
I had my V for a couple of months and still have not seen one on the road. I was getting on the freeway and I saw a STS in the fast lane go by with a flash of the mesh grill. I was so excited to finally see another STS-V. I banzai weaved to catch up and it was a poser. I was so disappointed. I still haven't seen a STS-V on the road around here. I have been to just about every car meeting in the county and have seen some CTS-V, but no STS-Vs.

Bob

PGA2B
12-17-09, 02:55 PM
I had my V for a couple of months and still have not seen one on the road. I was getting on the freeway and I saw a STS in the fast lane go by with a flash of the mesh grill. I was so excited to finally see another STS-V. I banzai weaved to catch up and it was a poser. I was so disappointed. I still haven't seen a STS-V on the road around here. I have been to just about every car meeting in the county and have seen some CTS-V, but no STS-Vs.

Bob

Had mine for 4 months now and the only other one I have seen was at the dealership when mine was in for service.:rolleyes:

Florian
12-17-09, 04:03 PM
Im the only one in Cleve.

F

jedhead
12-17-09, 04:14 PM
I see MB AMG, BMW M, Bentleys, Lambo's and Ferraris several times a month. Import cars are so popular here in OC when I was younger we used to call Mercedes Benzes Newport Beach Chevys. I have seen about 8 new ZR1's on the road. I only STS-V I have seen was over at D3 when I went by to drool. I was shown a black STS-V with the 2.5 upgrade that was going to get dyno tuned. That STS-V had Ohio plates.

Bob

csf
12-17-09, 05:57 PM
just had some new tires put on mine at the Cadillac dealer - couple of the sales people came out to look because they had never seen one.

silverws6ta
12-17-09, 06:47 PM
just had some new tires put on mine at the Cadillac dealer - couple of the sales people came out to look because they had never seen one.

When my mom was Escalade/SRX shopping between here in Columbia, SC back in May I thought the hood latch was going to be worn out.. lol -- Many dealers have *never* seen one here in SC. Even a larger dealer in Greenville had never seen one in my color (Stealth Gray) he was playing 21 questions there.. She ended up buying from our normal dealer here in Spartanburg that also services our cars (and my new EXT) and the sales manager told me he would like to borrow it a couple of days.. I said ummm.. have to think about that! lol..

inurok
12-20-09, 04:36 AM
I have no real problem with posers. Cant blame them for trying to imitate a V-series car. There are more important things in life to be bothered about imho. I was thinking about adding a 3.6 D.I. badge to mine lol.....:bigroll:

CIWS
12-21-09, 08:45 AM
I don't care for V Badgers.

http://www.ciws.info/vbadger.jpg

If you want a V , buy one. Jeebus they're not even expensive anymore. Just no excuse. The car has a reputation for performance. When some poser gets his ass whipped by a kid in a Mustang GT and posts it on YouTube it hurts the authentic brand.

I do see an STS-V around here from time to time. I just saw the only 09 I've ever seen on the street the other day. However I live in an area that has rare and exotic brands that drive around. I've already seen 3 Porsche Panameras, which is kinda funny to think I see those more often than an STS-V. :)

TimmyC
12-21-09, 07:24 PM
Wow, the butt-hurt is strong in here. Get a life. You think that everyone with a V bumper cover wants a V? With the terrible(even worse than my AWD V8) gas mileage and the higher insurance rates? Maybe I'll get a V, maybe I won't. If the V forum is filled with whiners like some of the people in this thread I won't be in here talking about it.

dhemrick
12-21-09, 08:42 PM
Wow, the butt-hurt is strong in here. Get a life. You think that everyone with a V bumper cover wants a V? With the terrible(even worse than my AWD V8) gas mileage and the higher insurance rates? Maybe I'll get a V, maybe I won't. If the V forum is filled with whiners like some of the people in this thread I won't be in here talking about it.

Actually, I personally own both an '06 STS-V and an '06 STS4 and I will tell you that the gas mileage on the V is consistently better than the STS4, especially on the highway, so your rebuttal is a moot point.

That said, it's your car, do what you want. Just don't put a V badge on it. :duck:We're all Cadillac owners, so obviously we have great taste!

TimmyC
12-21-09, 09:26 PM
Actually, I personally own both an '06 STS-V and an '06 STS4 and I will tell you that the gas mileage on the V is consistently better than the STS4, especially on the highway, so your rebuttal is a moot point.

That said, it's your car, do what you want. Just don't put a V badge on it. :duck:We're all Cadillac owners, so obviously we have great taste!

I like my AWD though and you can't get that on a V. Can you get the Magnaride on Vs.

I didn't put a V badge on it I just liked the bumper cover. I would agree that people who put the actual badges on are lame. Just the attitudes of some V owners is really off-putting.

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-21-09, 11:01 PM
The big issue isn't you having a mesh grille but when you buy that limited production mesh grille from the GM counter that means when mine gets messed up I won't be able to put my real V back together. It's the lack of parts that gets us concerned. I waited 2 months for the under pan palstic bits. I am sure its a longer wait for the actual bumper cover for a V.

TimmyC
12-22-09, 12:46 AM
The big issue isn't you having a mesh grille but when you buy that limited production mesh grille from the GM counter that means when mine gets messed up I won't be able to put my real V back together. It's the lack of parts that gets us concerned. I waited 2 months for the under pan palstic bits. I am sure its a longer wait for the actual bumper cover for a V.

You're certainly free to purchase spare parts for your car if you think there won't be any left when you need them. It's pretty selfish to ask people not to buy a product because you might need it someday.

silverws6ta
12-22-09, 02:11 AM

Amen!!

You're certainly free to purchase spare parts for your car if you think there won't be any left when you need them. It's pretty selfish to ask people not to buy a product because you might need it someday.

Its not selfish, if your driveway was asphalt would you paint it to look like concrete? :suspect: --

We shouldn't have to stock pile parts for a limited production vehicle that was produced for 4 years.. Not like its a Buick Grand National 20 years out of production.

kehock
12-22-09, 09:02 AM
in northern va i've only seen one poser and i've had my sts-v since mid summer. you may catch sight of me driving around northern ohio between the holidays. going to primarily mansfield but will be in the cleveland area at least once.

CIWS
12-22-09, 09:15 AM
Wow, the butt-hurt is strong in here. Get a life.

We're talking spare parts availability and me specifically those who badge their cars with the V and are not. It doesn't appear you have any real issue with that so keep your butt hurt.

TimmyC
12-22-09, 03:13 PM
We're talking spare parts availability and me specifically those who badge their cars with the V and are not. It doesn't appear you have any real issue with that so keep your butt hurt.

The thread this one was started about did not mention any badges, just the V front bumper cover and grilles.

inurok
12-22-09, 05:58 PM
Just the attitudes of some V owners is really off-putting.

Think thats bad...join the BMW owners forums....talk about snobs with their heads up their A$$es...especially those who bought new.

CIWS
12-22-09, 07:15 PM
The thread this one was started about did not mention any badges, just the V front bumper cover and grilles.

True, and the main concern there was availability of V parts. However my post here was dealing with :v: :badger:s

CIWS
12-22-09, 07:16 PM
Think thats bad...join the BMW owners forums....talk about snobs with their heads up their A$...especially those who bought new.

Thanks for the warning :D