: how impossible will it be to get a Recaro trim part?

commander112
12-16-09, 07:13 PM
The parts counters are closed for the night and I have a chance to pick up a set of Recaro seats for my ride except it is missing one piece of plastic trim. Any idea how possible it will be to get a piece of plastic trim for a seat? I really don't want to install seats that are missing pieces in my perfect car and will need to decide by the morning or they are going to go up on Ebay.
Attached are photos.

cbloveday
12-16-09, 07:16 PM
get the model number of the seats and contact recaro directly. That would be my first effort.

dvandentop
12-16-09, 07:40 PM
damn wish i woulda found em 1st :lol:

Krug Ford
12-16-09, 07:55 PM
that should be a easy part to get

dvandentop
12-17-09, 05:26 PM
commander did you buy these? let me know where if you did so i can have them put me on a list.

shoot me a pm thanks

commander112
12-17-09, 08:03 PM
Well I picked up my Recaro seats today. They came out of a GM vehicle with 93 miles on the clock and came with the rear seat as well. Let me first say that perhaps GM is up to something here as the rear seat back was a split folding seat and all of the mounting points look to align with my car's mounting points. If you look closely into the trunk area you will notice that the body structure will impede a bit on the usefulness of folding seatbacks but it would still offer improved usefulness over the little pass through. I wonder if there is a change coming or if the rear seat I received came from a standard CTS? Time will tell.
Just for the record, I am not planning on changing out the rear seat as it looks the same as the current seat except for the split folding feature. Also, they found the pictured trim piece that was missing from the photos above so that is covered. Hope to install them either this weekend or sometime next week. I will not be setting up the cooling feature right now though as I have not ordered the controllers yet.
Dvandentop, I will send you a PM now. Also, if someone is looking they have a set of light grey seats as well and are planning on putting them on Ebay shortly.

commander112
12-19-09, 01:37 PM
Mystery has been solved. These are preproduction or show car seats. DO NOT BUY ONES LIKE THIS IF YOU INTEND TO INSTALL IN A V! The production seats have seat belt pretensioners coming out of them just like the standard seats do. I write this as the seller of these seats to me (Schram Auto Parts) has a set of light grey Recaros that they were going to put on Ebay that are the same build as my seats are. I will try and find out if they can be updated on Monday.

Krug Ford
12-19-09, 02:36 PM
Mystery has been solved. These are preproduction or show car seats. DO NOT BUY ONES LIKE THIS IF YOU INTEND TO INSTALL IN A V! The production seats have seat belt pretensioners coming out of them just like the standard seats do. I write this as the seller of these seats to me (Schram Auto Parts) has a set of light grey Recaros that they were going to put on Ebay that are the same build as my seats are. I will try and find out if they can be updated on Monday.

What did I tell you mark when you were here??

I have come accross this already for another guy I was looking to get a set of seats for.

commander112
12-19-09, 02:46 PM
What did I tell you mark when you were here??

I have come accross this already for another guy I was looking to get a set of seats for.

Yup. We will see where this goes from here. I put Schram on notice via email (closed Sat.) and will look at the seats on Monday to see what it will take to convert them over. I know it will require a pretensioner and what ever mounting bracket there is as well as the plastic trim cover for that side of the seat. Good think I'm in Detroit the home of both GM and Recaro. Problem is most of my GM connections are now layed off :(.

Krug Ford
12-19-09, 02:50 PM
Yup. We will see where this goes from here. I put Schram on notice via email (closed Sat.) and will look at the seats on Monday to see what it will take to convert them over. I know it will require a pretensioner and what ever mounting bracket there is as well as the plastic trim cover for that side of the seat. Good think I'm in Detroit the home of both GM and Recaro. Problem is most of my GM connections are now layed off :(.

yea that sucks.

At least I had one for you to look at.

dvandentop
12-19-09, 03:19 PM
scott any seats avail let me know.

hope you can get somemthing figured out on these. weird they did a diff setup for show cars

Krug Ford
12-20-09, 06:30 PM
scott any seats avail let me know.

hope you can get somemthing figured out on these. weird they did a diff setup for show cars

I founds some too but they are what Mark is going through too.

So far its about $2000.00 for the sawp if you can get all the right parts.

commander112
12-20-09, 06:48 PM
I took a careful look at the seats today and if the parts are available they shoould not be too expensive to make this all right again. The seats will require the pretensioner (which will bolt right on the existing frame), a few rubber gasket parts and plastic retainers and what I fear may be the hardest part to come by, the outer plastic bezel piece (the one with the Recaro plaque attached). Will be on the phone with the parts department in the morning to check on availability.