: recaro seats not available through parts counter yet

dvandentop
12-15-09, 08:11 PM
OK here are the 2 part $'s for the seats however they are not avail yet.

left: 25856958
right: 25856952

here is the info i got from my parts buddy

OK, Gm got back to me on the seats. There is no ETA, pricing or anything on them yet. I have part numbers, but nothing else. it is a future assembly with no projected date of arrival. Some of the part are available seperately, but the prices are insane. They said to continue to check back every couple months to see if the part become active. Here are the part numbers:

left: 25856958
right: 25856952

commander112
12-15-09, 11:56 PM
Interesting. So lets just say your Recaro equipped car gets vandalized what happens when they go to replace the damaged seats? They cannot get them through the parts network and the car sits there?

dvandentop
12-16-09, 12:35 AM
yep or if your car gets hit on the side and damages the seat or something.

EXTM
12-16-09, 05:08 AM
equip them with a real recaro seats like the one on the car went to Nurb ring, it will look like a beast :)

stock recaro seats are not below $2K each

MReiland
12-16-09, 07:37 AM
I am pretty sure that if your car was in an accident or got vandilized, there would be a way for the dealership to get permission to get the seats, just like any part that is on restriction. The volume from Recaro probably just can justify allowing them to be purchased at the parts counter yet...

jvp
12-16-09, 08:59 AM
OK here are the 2 part $'s for the seats however they are not avail yet.

I'd be really surprised if they ever actually become available like that, in one whole piece. Historically, SPO has been pretty reluctant to sell whole, pre-assembled seats over the counter. Instead, they want you to buy the parts and pieces, and assemble them yourself.

Either way, you're going to pay an arm, a leg, and your left nut for those seats, vs. having ordered or bought the car with them already installed.

jas

backup
12-16-09, 11:09 AM
Interesting. I wonder if Recaro somehow inhibits sale of their whole seats through parts channels. My old S2000 seats (the only seats it came with) were rumored to be sourced from Recaro although not branded as such. You could not purchase the whole assembled seat through parts, but could buy the separate components and put it together. The cost was through the roof for all pieces, over $3k if I recall correctly (this was several years ago). Considering the CTSV seats are 14-way power, inflatable bladders, and ventilated, they are probably more than that for all pieces.

dvandentop
12-16-09, 11:11 AM
some other part #'s

Hi Derek,
Per your supplied VIN, here are the part numbers you requested.
20794931 Driver seat assembly.
25905563 Passenger seat assembly.
These parts numbers are not currently active with GM and there is currently not an ETA for these items.

Also I remember trying to get zr1 front splitter and rear spoiler for my car last year, they were on restriction for quite some time, now they are easily available through the parts counter.
So only time will tell i guess

jvp
12-16-09, 11:20 AM
Interesting. I wonder if Recaro somehow inhibits sale of their whole seats through parts channels.

Unlikely. I just think SPO isn't in the business of selling assembled seats, is all. The Recaro model that's in the V is available directly from Recaro, minus the important mounting gear, sensors, and whatnot. I forget the model number, but it's there on their site.. somewhere.

It can't be emphasized enough: if folks want Recaros, buy the car with them. If you can't find the car you want with them, order it and wait.

jas

MReiland
12-16-09, 11:26 AM
I think there are threads in the non-V CTS forum about this also and most people hit a road block after contacting Recaro to get the exact seats that are in the V. The last person I was talking to was trying to get an OK letter from someone high up in GM to allow Recaro to manufacture the exact seat for someone other than GM, an I don't think that ever happened. Definately get them when you buy your car if you want them otherwise enjoy the stockers.

DrumStix
12-16-09, 05:05 PM
I told you where to find them. Do your own DD. :)

dvandentop
12-16-09, 06:48 PM
drumstix i asked who you told me said they could get them and now they are saying not available. i am guessing if you do the same they will tell you that also.

Krug Ford
12-16-09, 07:53 PM
I will know tomorrow if I can get some recaro seats complete..

dvandentop
12-16-09, 09:19 PM
i for one will be waiting